New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by akosijhay View Post
    Thank you mga sir sa inputs, so far hindi pa rin kami makapag decide kung ano ang kukunin. Ok na sana kami sa Commuter kaso ung rear aircon lang ang problema. Natatandaan ung previous trip ko sa Ilocos Norte last holy week, ung mga passengers ko from 3rd to 4th row pawis na pawis dahil hindi na halos umaabot ang lamig sa likod (kahit na may additional blower sa likod gaya sa mga UV express). How about ung rear aircon ng bagong NV350 kaya? Masyado na kasi pricey ang Grandia kaya between Commuter at NV350 lang pinag pipilian namin. If ever na isolated case lang sa Nissan Navara ung nagbabawas ng langis, siguro Nissan Urvan nalang kunin namin. Any feedbacks from owners of new Nissan Urvan? Kamusta po ang overall performance neto? Salamat.
    We (actually a relative) have a 12 seater nv350. No oil consumption noticed yet as it has only run <800 Kms. Aside from the advantages you mentioned nv350 also has load sensing valve for the rear brakes, which helps with brake bias when loaded. Disadvantages: nv350 has no ABS. Leaf spring on the soft side so may sag earlier than hiace if loaded up all the time. But after having ridden in an nv350 I wouldn't ride in a hiace commuter or even a super grandia for that matter. Ride quality is night and day.

As for the np300 navara oil consumption my money is on the factory fill oil being too thin. I used to have that problem in my d40 navara before. Turns out to be vaporized oil getting into the turbo plenum. When I changed to a good quality synthetic oil consumption disappeared. It can't be blow by as these are new engines.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    After test driving these 2 vans, i can say NV350 gets my vote.

NV350 Commuter:
    1. Comfort
    2. Performance
    3. Better interior and exterior design ( Well that's for my taste )
    4. And Ofcourse its superb air cooling and ventilation up to the last row.

The only advantages of Hiace commuter as of now is their re-sale value and its spare parts. And also the rear seat of the hiace can be fold to the side. Not so sure if its dual front air bag just like the grandia.

Overall, NV350 is far away from the current generation of hiace commuter. Unless toyota releases the all new Hiace with GD engine.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by akosijhay View Post
    Thank you mga sir sa inputs, so far hindi pa rin kami makapag decide kung ano ang kukunin. Ok na sana kami sa Commuter kaso ung rear aircon lang ang problema. Natatandaan ung previous trip ko sa Ilocos Norte last holy week, ung mga passengers ko from 3rd to 4th row pawis na pawis dahil hindi na halos umaabot ang lamig sa likod (kahit na may additional blower sa likod gaya sa mga UV express). How about ung rear aircon ng bagong NV350 kaya? Masyado na kasi pricey ang Grandia kaya between Commuter at NV350 lang pinag pipilian namin. If ever na isolated case lang sa Nissan Navara ung nagbabawas ng langis, siguro Nissan Urvan nalang kunin namin. Any feedbacks from owners of new Nissan Urvan? Kamusta po ang overall performance neto? Salamat.
    Yung nv350 na binili ko last oct28, 2015 ang problema ko ngayon. NagbabawAs ng engine coolant at oil. Pabalikbalik ako sa casa pero ang sabi ay normal lang daw. Dadalhin ulit sa casa ngayong araw at di ko kukunin kung di sasabihin ang dahilan ng pagbawas at kung hindi rin nila magawa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ramones283 View Post
    After test driving these 2 vans, i can say NV350 gets my vote.

NV350 Commuter:
    1. Comfort
    2. Performance
    3. Better interior and exterior design ( Well that's for my taste )
    4. And Ofcourse its superb air cooling and ventilation up to the last row.

The only advantages of Hiace commuter as of now is their re-sale value and its spare parts. And also the rear seat of the hiace can be fold to the side. Not so sure if its dual front air bag just like the grandia.

Overall, NV350 is far away from the current generation of hiace commuter. Unless toyota releases the all new Hiace with GD engine.
    Standard na dual air bag sa lahat ng model ng Toyota.
    With regard sa engine 1KD FTV na bagong Hiace ngayon

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The detuned 1KD brings the Hiace up to the NV350's level in terms of power. Though now there's the fuel consumption and significant price hike to think about.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Matagtag ang Hiace Grandia. Lalo na ang Hiace Commuter.

Kung Commuter vs. new Urvan, sa Urvan na ako.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    I would probably go with Nissan. I like how their diesel engine performs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The detuned 1KD brings the Hiace up to the NV350's level in terms of power. Though now there's the fuel consumption and significant price hike to think about.
    Just curious, what's the output of the 1KD in the Hiace? In the city the 1KD in the old Hilux is thirsty compared to current gen diesels. No local info as Toyota ph website still lists Hiace with the old 2.5L engine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Kumusta ang aircon ng nv350 vs commuter? Sino mas ok? Pag punuan kasi di kaya ng aircon ng commuter. Dapat talaga mag lagay ka sa gita ng blower.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Just curious, what's the output of the 1KD in the Hiace? In the city the 1KD in the old Hilux is thirsty compared to current gen diesels. No local info as Toyota ph website still lists Hiace with the old 2.5L engine.
    The 1KD Hiace has long been available in Australia. It makes 100kW*3400rpm and 300Nm*1200rpm according to Australian specs. The lack of 4WD and lower power output should make it more fuel efficient, though by how much remains to be seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast