New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    #1
    Hi, I am new here and dont have any idea if I posted on the right forum. (mods kindly move my post if this is the wrong forum).

    Anyway, I have been thinking of buying used car. budget is 140-150k, though I have seen decent 130k cars within my preference. That being said true budget is 130-150k. Need help in deciding to have nissan sup saloon s3 or civic esi. which is the best bang for the buck? I would really appreciate if you could tell me the pros and cons guys.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,656
    #2
    Whatever car is compatible with e-10. If it`s both, i`ll go for the Civic Esi.

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Whatever car is compatible with e-10. If it`s both, i`ll go for the Civic Esi.
    says on the article i read all nissans post 1995 are all e10 compatible. not sure with the civic though , i think it depends on the year of production which i have to investigate pala. anyway im new in this car talks, educate about ups and downs of e10.

    ..and nga pala, in terms of reliability in general which one would you prefer? honda still?

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,656
    #4
    The parts of both are quite plentiful in the market already. So looking for one wont be that much of a problem. Parts costs ? The nissan I think is lower than the honda.

    E-10 blended gasoline. This, is applicable for FUEL-INJECTED ENGINES only. By August of this year, all gasoline stations will have all their fuels blended with ethanol already. To be honest, today, it's quite a challenge already for you to find a pure gasoline.

    I myself owns a carb-type vehicle ( ae101 corolla ) . Frankly, I`m not a risk-taker person. As much as possible I would not want to fill my corolla up with ethanol blended gasoline ... thankfully, Flying V still has the pure ones. Up to when ? I don't know.

    Some are lucky enough though. They fill their carb powered vehicle with ethanol blended gasolines without experiencing any problems. Some, are unlucky ... with their first fill, symptoms are already experienced.

    One things for sure. Soon enough, I have to bid my goodbyes with our current vehicle.

    Bottomline :: If you don't want to bid your goodbyes to your vehicle that you will purchase soon. Get the right one. The fuel-injected one.

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    15,961
    #5
    Both the B13 Sentra with its GA16DNE engine and the EG Civic ESi with its PH16/D16Z6 are fuel-injected. I have read, however, that even if it's fuel-injected, it may not be E10 compatible.

    Anyway, E10 concerns aside, I'd still prefer the EG Civic. Though the B13 Super Saloon was feature-packed, in today's standards the two are almost identically bare compared to current sedans. The Civic just has more appeal to me. If you plan to start modding though, both of them have lots of aftermarket performance parts, with SR20DEs and B16As quite common.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    73
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Both the B13 Sentra with its GA16DNE engine and the EG Civic ESi with its PH16/D16Z6 are fuel-injected. I have read, however, that even if it's fuel-injected, it may not be E10 compatible.

    Anyway, E10 concerns aside, I'd still prefer the EG Civic. Though the B13 Super Saloon was feature-packed, in today's standards the two are almost identically bare compared to current sedans. The Civic just has more appeal to me. If you plan to start modding though, both of them have lots of aftermarket performance parts, with SR20DEs and B16As quite common.
    Sir pardon me lang, Series 3 daw, it means B14, and the B13's engine aka ECCS is GA16DE, DNE yung kay B14.

    As for the topic, I'd choose which is newer of the 2. Quality wise both are pretty good. But hey check the ESi nga pala yung sakit nila na rusts on the roof!! Lagi yan!

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    #7
    thanks sa mga nagreply. helped a lot.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cd! View Post
    Sir pardon me lang, Series 3 daw, it means B14, and the B13's engine aka ECCS is GA16DE, DNE yung kay B14.

    As for the topic, I'd choose which is newer of the 2. Quality wise both are pretty good. But hey check the ESi nga pala yung sakit nila na rusts on the roof!! Lagi yan!

    thanks for the heads up, yup I heard na yan nga hallmark na sakit ng ulo sa mga esi though kaya naman ipagawa sa matino at magaling.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    103
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by deleon11111 View Post
    thanks for the heads up, yup I heard na yan nga hallmark na sakit ng ulo sa mga esi though kaya naman ipagawa sa matino at magaling.
    Dude, we used to have an ESi before and yes pinagawa na namin sa body shop, it was all good after... but after 2 and half years, another rust came on another area. We again fixed it ans sell it right after, buti you were not buyer that time baka sayo pa namin nabenta. It may not be the same case as the others but this is the know quality issue of that body.

    If I were you I'll get the Sentra SS. Matibay talaga especially if well maintained.. This B14 body I believe is one our best local Sentra ever, next to the B13.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,078
    #10
    Mas maganda ang kaha ng nissan B14 at B13 hindi kalawangin basta alaga lang at maganda and perfect Air condition system. Kahit matindi init sa labas kaya pa rin palamigin ang loob ng sasakyan hindi kagaya ng iba puro hangin walang lamig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Sup saloon s3 or honda civic esi?