New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    First of all, Hi guys. It's been a while since i posted here in tsikot.
    I'm sure nobody remembers me anymore. hehe...

I need you're advice/inputs on this one guys.
    I'm planning on getting another toy car for my self since I already sold my turboFD.
    Gusto ko naman sana ma try ang drifting and I'm not sure on which car to get.
    I'm not planning on going full on drifting. The car would be like a gimik car and a lil bit of a drift car.
    It wont be my main car so no issues on space and consumption.
    My dilemma is i don't know which is easier to tune, which is more reliable and wont cost a ton of money because I'm not planning on keeping the car for a long time.

Please let me know your thoughts about this guys.
    thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    S15 maybe... the SR engine is more popular for tuning locally so there would be better support and knowledge amongst the local shops.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    S15 maybe... the SR engine is more popular for tuning locally so there would be better support and knowledge amongst the local shops.
    SR20DET ba yung sa S15?
    If so, I think mas ok nga sya since eto ang usual powerplant ng mga Cefiros na ginagamit pang drifting.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The S15 is a much more common car than an S2000. Same thing with the SR20DET vs the F20C. So if parts availability is your primary concern, then the Silvia makes more sense. Personally though, the Silvia line (S13-15) has lost its appeal to me since it's the equivalent of the Vios in the grey import scene (heck, I think it's even more common than the EK hatch).

Between the two I'd get the S2000, but I'd also consider the FD3S for your purposes. If you don't mind eschewing the whole drift part, why not take a look at the GC8 or R32?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    SR20DET on S2000 pede ba un? para kasing magaan un S2000 i mean un body nya

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wala appeal sakin yun Silvia. No offense but however you style it it's a "dirty" car. Dirty in the sense that it isn't for show, more for go. It's commonly used for drifting pero kung hinde ka naman mag-drifting parati, the S2K would suffice.

Yun S2K kasi for show & go. It's dropdead gorgeous (di ako fanboy ) when styled properly and you know what people say.... it's vtec yo :bwahaha:

So ayun, S2K atw.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    First of all, Hi guys. It's been a while since i posted here in tsikot.
    I'm sure nobody remembers me anymore. hehe...

I need you're advice/inputs on this one guys.
    I'm planning on getting another toy car for my self since I already sold my turboFD.
    Gusto ko naman sana ma try ang drifting and I'm not sure on which car to get.
    I'm not planning on going full on drifting. The car would be like a gimik car and a lil bit of a drift car.
    It wont be my main car so no issues on space and consumption.
    My dilemma is i don't know which is easier to tune, which is more reliable and wont cost a ton of money because I'm not planning on keeping the car for a long time.

Please let me know your thoughts about this guys.
    thanks.
    I'd get the Silvia. But for this car to look good, it must be simple and clean. None of those extremely low body kits or extremely high spoilers, all of which make the car look cheap. Since the engine is already turbocharged, it will cost less to squeeze more power out of the engine. Basic bolt-on mods and a chip should enable it to run with stock STi's and Evo's already.

The S2000's real nice, but the engine is so high strung it probably behaves similar to a Civic at the lower part of the rpm range.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The S2000 is more exciting and immediate, but if you're planning on going drifting at all, and those weekend "gimiks" involve driving long distances, go for the Silvia. It has more gradual breakaway, more torque and more stability, making for a better drift car; and it rides better, making for a better "gimik" car.

As ever, check the condition of each vehicle carefully. While you can get original Left Hand Drive S2000s, all S15s, and by extension, all Spec Rs are RHD.

The AP2 S2000 has more torque than the older one and is supposedly less twitchy, but it's still a stiff skateboard compared to the Nissan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nissan Silvia S15 spec R LOADED UPGRADES MT - 99 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph
    This one looks real nice. The owner left most of the exterior pretty much alone, but seems to be very detailed with the conversion. This is, so far, the only one I saw with the handbrake moved from the right to the left side of the center console.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Something strikes me as odd. The S15 should be rarer than the S2000, simply because it was offered for sale for a shorter period. It was basically a fluke car that predated the future Renault-Nissan's Carlos Ghosn's decision to drop unprofitable model lines and it got indirectly replaced by the Z33 350Z.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

And yes, by definition an S15 will be a converted car. That never saw the light of day in any LHD market.

Anyway...with regard to ease of tuning, an SR20DET will be far easier to extract more power out of than the F20C/F22C that the S2000 packed. The basic engine's lasted almost 20 years installed in various cars, S13s and S14s included, so the aftermarket support should be phenomenal. The F20C/F22C is a more finicky beast, especially if you plan to keep it all-motor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast