New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    look wise, performance, price, fuel consumption,durability and reliability

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my only complaint against the nissan serena, is its fuel inefficiency.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Diesel Innova?

The Serena is a more comfortable car, and it drives better, but it's not quite as practical as an Innova. Much better performance now that they use the QR series engine. Don't know about the fuel economy of the current model.

Reliability and durability are an unknown. The older SR-equipped model had a reliable engine, but I've heard of some problems with the ATs. The new ones, I don't know. The Innova has some issues, but the gasoline engined one is quite reliable... while problems with the diesel one will depend on where you buy your gas... a small percentage of people have had issues with the D4D in the past... a vast majority of owners don't.

The Serena is a nicer car, but will suffer from poor resale value. Servicing will cost more, as it's a less common vehicle, and not many outside shops will stock parts for it... but I could be wrong.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you talking brand new or second hand?

The first gen serenas sold here locally had issues down the road to the point that my friend who worked at NMPI just breathed a sigh of relief when the last warranties have lapsed (normally alternator issues i think).

I'd go with an Innova in spite of the Serena being very comfy to ride and with its good engine.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    im planning to buy a second hand van and focusing with this two brand only..Innova is pricey compared to Serena...but anything more about the two cars.Any information would really helps me decide what should be the best buy..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung marunong ka mag ayos or repair ng kotse and have limited budget go for the serena.. at least kung masira eh kaya mo repair and maintain your car.. pero kung newbie at ngayon lang bibili ng car at walang time mag repair (minsan tamadachi lang mag maintain ng car) eh mga innova ka na lang para less hassle at gamit ka na lang mas pricey nga lang... kung 2nd hand innova get the gas variant para makaiwas sa sakit ng D4D engine lalo na yung mga unang labas.. malay mo kaya binebenta eh sakit pala ng ulo ng may ari at wala na warranty

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Are you talking brand new or second hand?

The first gen serenas sold here locally had issues down the road to the point that my friend who worked at NMPI just breathed a sigh of relief when the last warranties have lapsed (normally alternator issues i think).

I'd go with an Innova in spite of the Serena being very comfy to ride and with its good engine.
    Yep.. Problema talaga alternator ng serena.. But in terms of comfort iba talaga ang serena over the innova..

btw, regarding the alternator, hindi kaya mababa ang amperes ng battery gamit kaya nasisira ang alternator.. I only used motolite which is only 75 amps during my ownership with van.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Alternators are really a problem with some Nissans of the past few years. It was problematic on the B14 Exalta Sentra and the old Frontier.

I really don't know about the new Serena, since it's a different engine series from the old Serena, and possibly different accessories.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The m/t version of the Serena with the SR20M engine was somewhat efficient though. It would get around 9km/L in city driving according to some Nissanbayan guys before. We could never figure out the SR20M engine designation though.

it is still sr20.. yup matipid ang sr20 MT na serena..lesser specs lang than te at pero sulit na sulit..pwede mo pa palitan ng sr20det....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Serena Vs Toyota Innova G