New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i was a honda fanboy once... like 7 years ago...

now, unless talagang napaka ganda nung bagong model at may sapat na pera ako, i would probably never buy a honda again. o kaya kahit 2nd hand.

prices are somewhat high for the amount of kit you get with hondas. they say you pay for the badge and the build quality and style... but in my experience, they break at around the same time as other brands... sometimes even earlier (i've had to rebuild my 99 and 01 civic/crv suspensions twice... yung 99 corolla ni misis na pang araw araw namin hanggang ngayon walang kalampag).

mahal ang piyesa, mahal ang required fluids... hell, pag nabangga ka mahal din yung replacement panels.

so kung di naman issue ang styling ng body sa iyo, go for the sentra na lang.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    para sa akin sentra gx nalang sir, parang luma na kasi tignan yung design ng city tsaka mas bata ng 4 years yung sentra, since second hand naman magtake advantage ka na sa mababang resale value

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO nasa condition parin ng unit na kukunin mo. Besides the age, there are also some other elements to consider like the mileage of both cars, condition of the exterior/interior, if there is a need already to replace various parts, and most importantly the condition, performance and fuel mileage of the engine. Also to include into consideration is where you will use the car. Is it mainly for city driving? Will it usually be running highway kilometers? Will you always be going to provinces, especially those that involve mountain climbing with this car?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IMHO nasa condition parin ng unit na kukunin mo. Besides the age, there are also some other elements to consider like the mileage of both cars, condition of the exterior/interior, if there is a need already to replace various parts, and most importantly the condition, performance and fuel mileage of the engine. Also to include into consideration is where you will use the car. Is it mainly for city driving? Will it usually be running highway kilometers? Will you always be going to provinces, especially those that involve mountain climbing with this car?
    sir, pinatignan ko yung nissan and the milage is quite high. 110k na because the owner is a sales man. binebenta na nya dahil may new issued car na ulit sya. compared sa honda na tinignan ko na 80k lang ang mileage. but the nissans' engine is in very good condition, casa maintained and amoy bago (i don't know if that comment would matter)

sirs, magbabago ba decision nyo dahil sa taas ng mileage ng nissan?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Who knows cars better?

Casual officemates or people who live and breath cars?

We dont just look at the brand, we looking into the cars themselves.
    i like your comment sir. papa ko lang kasi who is a bodyguard/driver na mejo may alam din sa kotse ang pinupush ako na bilhin yung sentra. other friends honda. kaya i registered here coz i know, all members here are experts in car. and i know i will never go wrong.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    para sa akin sentra gx nalang sir, parang luma na kasi tignan yung design ng city tsaka mas bata ng 4 years yung sentra, since second hand naman magtake advantage ka na sa mababang resale value
    bakit nga po ba mababa ang resale value n nissan?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genuine0270 View Post
    sir, pinatignan ko yung nissan and the milage is quite high. 110k na because the owner is a sales man. binebenta na nya dahil may new issued car na ulit sya. compared sa honda na tinignan ko na 80k lang ang mileage. but the nissans' engine is in very good condition, casa maintained and amoy bago (i don't know if that comment would matter)

sirs, magbabago ba decision nyo dahil sa taas ng mileage ng nissan?
    ang alam ko pag issued car laging sa casa ang pagawa diyan kaya siguradong asa condition yan.

Quote Originally Posted by genuine0270 View Post
    bakit nga po ba mababa ang resale value n nissan?
    dahil sa early sentras(80s or 90s) ata na panget ang naging experience ng mga owners, di ako sure eh hintayin natin si sir gh siya may alam niyan

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mga sir.. as far as this thread goes.. mukhang nissan wins the challenge.

even if mataas mileage nya (nissan: 110k+, honda: 90k+), the fact na casa maintained sya, ok na rin?

ang pinakaimportante lang naman kasi sakin, yung hindi ako matitirikan sa gitna ng daan in 5 years time at hindi costly ang pag-maintain..

sana may humabol pa ng feedback..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    You won't go wrong with the Nissan.

I had both brands and hands down ako dun.

Although ok din ang Honda, half-crazy idea lang talaga yung sky-high resale value nila.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    IMO chief go for the Nissan! If it's really casa maintained, then, there should be records proving it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan Sentra 1.3gx 2005 vs Honda City 2001