New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    But I think the Pajero diesel variant is cheaper than the safari because when I bought mine in 96, it was PHP1.425 while the safari was PHP1.555. Yung Landcruiser naman dati was PHP1.6+ during that time I think.
    hay... sana ganyan pa rin ang presyo ng mga yan...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    both are okay. it really depends on your needs. kung more city and highway driving than rough road driving, i would go for the 97 pajero.

i like the legroom of the pajero

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    You could have the rear seats of the patrol adjusted to provide more legroom. In terms of engine power, the TD42 patrol will leave the 4d56ti pajero hands down whether its on highway or steepclimbs. If you're after comfort buy the pajero. If you're after performance and reliability buy the patrol.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ganun bah? medyo gusto ko yung safari dahil may built in cooler siya unlike sa pajero...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a side note, it has two coolers. One in front; 6-pack can fit in perfectly! (Don't drink & drive) And the other at the back, added option for dual AC models. (2 1.5L soda bottles will fit) :D

Another feature that you should want is the factory installed vacccum operated rear differential lock. This feature will leave gaga look even from Land Rover owners. :bwahaha: (I know there are some LRCP members reading this, and I will be flamed over it)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Preference-wise ...
    My family got a brand new pajero in June 1996.
    Right now, we have two 1996 Patrols (both 2nd hand).
    I sold my 1999 Starex Club RV to acquire my current ride.
    Later on, my dad got one for himself..nainggit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we happen to own both...tapos nagkaron pa ng fieldmaster...

we sold both the pajero.safari....8 years and counting!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    patrol ako ! kasi we have yung unang batch ng safari 91 dec namin nakuha ngayon 109000 na tinakbo and walang problema parin kahit ano ! 13yrs and counting parin although nagka kalawang amin dahil dinadala sa navotas pero besides that lahat walang sira kahit makina walnag problemma malakas pa hatak sulit na sulit patrol ! pajero kasi mabagal e hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    whats the difference between a 97 and a 94 safari??? i see that the 94's run for around 400k++ how about the 97's??

tia

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Besides year released model, they have their own differences; grill, fuel pump from inline to rotary, cornering lamps, front facing 3rd row seats became standard & third brake light. Engine, transmission & drivetrain remained the same until the latest unit sold.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
nissan safari 97 vs. pajero 97