New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    guys help me choose which one is better among the two?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    a well-kept nissan patrol (local) will always be better than a well-kept mitsu pajero in terms of reliability. performance, hmm, well they're equal. pajero has got a better 4wd system, though.

the patrol series are big, lumbering giants with massive mechanical integrity - almost at par with the landcruisers. that's why they're such a hit in the aussie outback, where breaking down in the middle of a deserted road will mean certain death. medjo malakas lang sa diesel + heavy to drive and maintain. punta ka sa www.exploroz.com forum, yung ibang patrol owners dun have clocked 500,000+ kms over a period of 5++ years sa patrols nila without major engine/suspension problems.

exact opposite naman ang pajero...lighter, smaller, but less reliable in some ways pero good offroad performance naman (i should know, i used to own one). pero it's not as sturdy as an LC or Patrol - and if you get a 2nd hand unit that's been used even for medium offroading on a regular basis, expect to pay A LOT for parts replacement. come to think of it, i've yet to see a 96-98 pajero that's been used for medium to heavy duty na hindi pa na-ooverhaul.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    patrol bias ako meron akong safari heheh nga lang imbudo sa krudo 5-6 KM per liter ang konsumo. to learn more about Safari sali ka sa yahoogroups namin daming message sa archive more on patrols local and imported.

nissan_patrol_philippines name ng group.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overall, reliability and offroad, the patrol wins it...only local suv with factory lockers which is very useful offroad.

but kung mostly on road with some slight offroading, go with the pajero. it has superselect so very good.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    go for the nissan safari. By this time of year marami ng lumalabas na problema ang mga 96-97 pajero. Im sure yung 97 safari meron din but not as much as the pajero. believe me i own 1.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nissan safari ka na!!! we have both the 97 pajero and the nissan safari.

In terms of ride and comfort Safari wins big time. Reliability and durability halos pantay lang. Plus the safari is usually cheaper than the pajero.

In terms of gas mileage naman halos parehas lang silang dalawa. Mas malakas pa siguro ang pajero kasi 4 cylinder lang ito compared to a 6 cylinder engine of the Safari.
    Last edited by bilog; June 30th, 2005 at 08:21 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    Plus the safari is usually cheaper than the pajero.
    But I think the Pajero diesel variant is cheaper than the safari because when I bought mine in 96, it was PHP1.425 while the safari was PHP1.555. Yung Landcruiser naman dati was PHP1.6+ during that time I think.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have to disagree with the ride comfort of the safari, sobra sikip at not enough legroom sa 2nd row. but offroad, safari talaga wins n its tough talaga.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I bet he's referring to the stock suspension of the pajero. Matagtag talaga sa pajero, you can almost feel every pebble on the road even if the seats have their own adjustable independent suspension in the 2 front seats. Kapag marami ka lang sakay saka lang gumaganda ang ride and feel ng suspension.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    i have to disagree with the ride comfort of the safari, sobra sikip at not enough legroom sa 2nd row. but offroad, safari talaga wins n its tough talaga.
    i stand corrected.
    Maluwag talaga ang legroom ng pajero kesa sa safari.

But I think the Pajero diesel variant is cheaper than the safari because when I bought mine in 96, it was PHP1.425 while the safari was PHP1.555. Yung Landcruiser naman dati was PHP1.6+ during that time I think.
    i was refering to second hand units.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
nissan safari 97 vs. pajero 97