New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, the 4jj1 is more quiet than the 4jh1 but its still noisy for me. Maybe I just have super sensitive hearing hehe. I thought the newer suspension would be better as they're coil springs and not torsion bars anymore, right? The current one does look like its been lifted too high relative to its track. What brand shocks are you running?

The damage to the bed was from loading assorted odds and ends, from drums of motor oil to bags of cement & gravel. This was despite a 2.5mm rhino liner and being careful in loading/unloading. The tailgate has suffered the worst as its caved in a lot when my guys stepped on it to load the bed.

I'm hesitant to try K&N in our cars as its really dusty here, even with frequent stock paper filter changes fine dust still gets through.

The new Nissan/Renault V6 is still the most powerful 3.0L diesel but I unfortunately I don't think it'll ever get here as the current Navaras/Pathfinders equipped with that engine are priced way too high (AUD 65K+/75K+). I hope I'm wrong.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Yup, the 4jj1 is more quiet than the 4jh1 but its still noisy for me. Maybe I just have super sensitive hearing hehe. I thought the newer suspension would be better as they're coil springs and not torsion bars anymore, right? The current one does look like its been lifted too high relative to its track. What brand shocks are you running?
    All the DMax are bone-stock sir. The exemption only is the K&N air filters.

The damage to the bed was from loading assorted odds and ends, from drums of motor oil to bags of cement & gravel. This was despite a 2.5mm rhino liner and being careful in loading/unloading. The tailgate has suffered the worst as its caved in a lot when my guys stepped on it to load the bed.
    i'm not really quite sure about what your experiences are as MAS pang-harabas lahat ng mga DMax namin dito, maging dito sa Borneo-side sa exploration works (as posted in the 1st page). Lahat ng pickups dito sir, kinakargahan namin ng mga rock samples with intact rock strengths of up to 150 MPa, with s.g. around 2.7. The DMax 4JH1-TC here, as well as my own 4JH1-TC have racked up more than 300,000 km of mileage, with the one here in Borneo totalling to 355,000 km plus.... BUT none of these problems have occured.... The DMax is also the only utility pickup here that never failed to impress us, dependability- and durability-wise.

I'm hesitant to try K&N in our cars as its really dusty here, even with frequent stock paper filter changes fine dust still gets through.

The new Nissan/Renault V6 is still the most powerful 3.0L diesel but I unfortunately I don't think it'll ever get here as the current Navaras/Pathfinders equipped with that engine are priced way too high (AUD 65K+/75K+) . I hope I'm wrong.
    You will like the K&N washable air filter, for sure. YES, it is dusty here in Philippines and it's a condition bestowed already upon us Pinoys ....BUT this does not prevent anyone from using a relatively non-restrictive air filter like the K&N. The K&N comes with a shampoo of its own and an oil spray. Thus, it is IMPORTANT to oil-bath it after every cleaning/ washing. i wash mines every 5000 km and oil them thereafter after air drying. i have a spare OEM paper filters.

Yes, the 3.0-litre Navara V6 developed by Renault of France pumps out around 550 Nm of torque. It is not them that reach the 500's mark intorque numbers fro 3.0-litres actually.... The German-made 3.0-litres were the very first, namely Audi Q7, VW Touareg, and Mercedes Benz's SUV.... All are using bi-turbochargers that's why these 3.0-litres are "highly-boosted".

Yes, the Renault-Nissan Navara is criticised for costing that much at an intro model, around plus Au$60k to Au$70k. Car analysts even say that the upfront ownership cost of this V6 Navara, which is actually just a UTE (utility pickup), is so high that it is so much like buying a car that is already in the sub-luxury-to-luxury segment.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    But since the TS mentions workhorse---from my perspective--practicality is on top of the list (low maintenance, frugal consumption, reliable engine).

Ask around. Anong pick-up matipid sa consumo ng diesel? Ano pick-up bihira ino-overhaul dahil hindi kaagad bumigay makina?

Hope you find your answer soon.

Sir Gerbo,

How's this for a fuel consumption on the Philippine DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ?

The picture above was taken along NLEX ---- 21.5 km per litre, speeding around 85 kph (84.4 kph) at 1750 rpm.

Theoretically, i'm only using 72.98 metric-hp DIN out of the DMax while running at 85 kph

The DMax also has a total of 8-cross members (double cross-members acting as one at the very near end of the chassis) and the engine is running with timing gear-and-chain.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maybe your guys are more careful than mine hehe. My unit has more dings in the bed than I care to count. I've a feeling they're not as careful when I'm not around.

Yes sir, its ok that the Germans got to 500Nm first, after all those guys make most of the best cars and a German did invent the diesel engine. But among compact/midsize pickups Nissan has the strongest diesel engine (just abroad unfortunately). I think the chances the new Isuzu engine will make it here are way higher than the Nissan V6.

Re: K&N a member from BITOG did some testing on air filters using a secondary paper filter to catch whatever the filter being tested let through:

Air Filtration Test - Bob is the Oil Guy
    Air Filter Filtration Test - Bob is the Oil Guy

To me personally that means dirtier oil and since the gains from the filter are minimal, not worth taking the risk of increased wear. There are also rumors of the oil breaking off the filter and fouling up the MAF sensor. I hope K&N can have SAE test done to finally lay these doubts re: less effective filtration and oil contamination to rest.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Maybe your guys are more careful than mine hehe. My unit has more dings in the bed than I care to count. I've a feeling they're not as careful when I'm not around.
    OH BOY DRILLERS are really CAREFUL.... They know exactly what being CAREFUL means
    ....especially knowing that every UTE here is only rented....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    OH BOY DRILLERS, they know exactly what being CAREFUL means
    ....especially knowing that every UTE here is only rented....

It's not a city-life out here....

i will just post if there are any problems using the K&N.... but in the meantime, had none-so far whatsoever. Thanks for the links anyhow.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    That plastic bedliner makes a big difference. Unfortunately mine cracked from hauling scrap metal. I should've put in a new one on top of the spray on. But the tailgate part of the tub is still very soft.

TS:
    The Dmax is a good ute, unfortunately I just got tired of the noise and uncomfortable ride. If you don't mind those, you'll enjoy the durability and better FC. As a strictly work vehicle it excels, but the Navara will give you better comfort which for me makes it a more enjoyable daily driver.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    That plastic bedliner makes a big difference. Unfortunately mine cracked from hauling scrap metal. I should've put in a new one on top of the spray on. But the tailgate part of the tub is still very soft.
    Which one is soft here sir? There aren't any softies around here that renders the tailgate "unacceptable" even for loading....

The Dmax is a good ute, unfortunately I just got tired of the noise and uncomfortable ride. If you don't mind those, you'll enjoy the durability and better FC. As a strictly work vehicle it excels, but the Navara will give you better comfort which for me makes it a more enjoyable daily driver.
    It just shows how you're abusing the DMax more than the Navara hehe

Any picture of proof other than personal anecdotes sir??

At a hindsight, we surely don't know what the thread-starter wants but if he's after fuel-efficiency this isn't bad at all for a Pinoy 3.0-litre diesel UTE owner (21.5 km per litre at 80'ish km per hour) ....Besides, the 4JJ1-TC Ddi-iTEQ is not noisy....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    kung san kayo masaya suportahan taka

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

... i'm just stating why i chose the navara... nothing more... nothing less....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
nissan navara brute or isuzu dmax lt 4x4