New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi,

Need help on which to choose. Side by side can be seen on this link.

Compare Nissan Navara 4x4 EL MT vs Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 GL 4x4 MT vs Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 4x4 MT | AutoDeal

But in case there are owners of this kind of PU, please share your input. Mitsu is the cheapest 4x4 based on the link of autodeal, and some bank calculator, (excluding PMS) but seems this variant still using the 4d56 engine.

PMS - which is cheaper on those PU?

Really hard to find reviews on this kind of variant, in case you have some link, please share.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    Hi,

Need help on which to choose. Side by side can be seen on this link.

Compare Nissan Navara 4x4 EL MT vs Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 GL 4x4 MT vs Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 4x4 MT | AutoDeal

But in case there are owners of this kind of PU, please share your input. Mitsu is the cheapest 4x4 based on the link of autodeal, and some bank calculator, (excluding PMS) but seems this variant still using the 4d56 engine.

PMS - which is cheaper on those PU?

Really hard to find reviews on this kind of variant, in case you have some link, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Since 4x4 Pickup ang hanap, kung nasa field naman ang work at laging dumadaan sa mga gravel/sand/rock, panalo yan..

Pero kung mostly urban driving, stick to 4x2...

Karamihan ng mga Pick-up, Part time 4WD... di ko sure kung pwedeng gamitin features lalo kung wet road condition lalo kung sa highway driving... (shift-on-fly)

kasi rekta ang 4WD agad.. (sprocket).. matindi ang grip sa gulong, pero hindi pwede gamitin lalo kung paved ang kalsada at dry condition.
    binding ang mangyayari at matinding stress sa transfer-case..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post

Karamihan ng mga Pick-up, Part time 4WD... di ko sure kung pwedeng gamitin features lalo kung wet road condition lalo kung sa highway driving... (shift-on-fly)

kasi rekta ang 4WD agad.. (sprocket).. matindi ang grip sa gulong, pero hindi pwede gamitin lalo kung paved ang kalsada at dry condition.
    binding ang mangyayari at matinding stress sa transfer-case..
    Ang 4x4 MT ng strada(4d56/4n15) both have shift on the fly up to 100kph and yes you can run 4H up to that limit, just dont expect a good FC sa 4H. May active stability traction control lang na additional feature sa GT variant.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    We prefer the Strada but called dealers as far as Laoag and Naga and kahit anong mid to high end variant wala. Per one agent, baha na daw yung mga units na dumating dito from Thailand(?). Notice na almost wala ka ring makikitang new units ngayon on the streets. Center diff is great but IIRC on AT variants lang yun.

Settled for the Navara which was our second choice, 4x2 nga lang. Hindi naman hardcore yung destinations namin and you can invest in tires and chains if needed be sa mga situations na ganun, worse you can always do a U-turn.

Tested a Ranger pero Wildtrak nga lang, didn't liked the electronic steering and the console, also daming horror stories sa Ford casas and costly pa.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can shift on the fly to 4H mode in a Mitsubishi Strada up to 100 kph ... but in 4H mode you can speed up to more than 100 kph ... also the 4WD system in the Mitsubishi Strada is not supposed to be used on cemented or asphalt roads ... only on unpaved roads or maybe wet paved roads ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    We prefer the Strada but called dealers as far as Laoag and Naga and kahit anong mid to high end variant wala. Per one agent, baha na daw yung mga units na dumating dito from Thailand(?). Notice na almost wala ka ring makikitang new units ngayon on the streets. Center diff is great but IIRC on AT variants lang yun.

Settled for the Navara which was our second choice, 4x2 nga lang. Hindi naman hardcore yung destinations namin and you can invest in tires and chains if needed be sa mga situations na ganun, worse you can always do a U-turn.

Tested a Ranger pero Wildtrak nga lang, didn't liked the electronic steering and the console, also daming horror stories sa Ford casas and costly pa.
    How about the steering of navarra, diba electronic na din? Any observation not normal yet?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You can shift on the fly to 4H mode in a Mitsubishi Strada up to 100 kph ... but in 4H mode you can speed up to more than 100 kph ... also the 4WD system in the Mitsubishi Strada is not supposed to be used on cemented or asphalt roads ... only on unpaved roads or maybe wet paved roads ...
    I actually plan to have 4x4 so i can go to places na limited ang 4x2, minsan kasi may mga lugar na si multicab na 4x4 dumadaan pero yung mga bagong 4x2 takot. Though mostly naman is cemented ang dadaanan but at least incase needed magagamit. If i can proceed with strada any feedback for common issues, for navarra and ford owners naman nung mentioned specs baka maka feedback din. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    How about the steering of navarra, diba electronic na din? Any observation not normal yet?
    i believe hydraulic pa rin ang steering even for the VL 4x4 variant. Ranger lang ata ang may EPS, not so sure.

early releases of the Navara ay may reports na lagatok sa steering which was replaced by casa for free, wala kaming na experience na ganun. fixed na daw on succeeding models with a new part. ours is a 2018 Q1 Calibre A/T 4x2, before the facelift.

no issues pa naman, i carry with it my enduro motorcycle. it's quite boring although it is fast in picking up speed kahit 160hp/403nm torque lang

driven the Strada, Ranger, DMax, Hilux.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I actually plan to have 4x4 so i can go to places na limited ang 4x2, minsan kasi may mga lugar na si multicab na 4x4 dumadaan pero yung mga bagong 4x2 takot. Though mostly naman is cemented ang dadaanan but at least incase needed magagamit. If i can proceed with strada any feedback for common issues, for navarra and ford owners naman nung mentioned specs baka maka feedback din. Thanks.
    baka takot lang magasgasan

yung mga pinupuntahan mo pa rin ang magdecide kung kailangan mo talaga ng 4x4. around 200k+ kasi difference ng 4x4 (on A/T models at least) kaya di namin majustify.

even when we had the Terrano dati we seldom use its 4x4 function, kaya naman pala with the right tires. pero as usual, it is better to have it when you need it...

youtube.com/watch?v=m02k_g3E0xw

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    i believe hydraulic pa rin ang steering even for the VL 4x4 variant. Ranger lang ata ang may EPS, not so sure.

early releases of the Navara ay may reports na lagatok sa steering which was replaced by casa for free, wala kaming na experience na ganun. fixed na daw on succeeding models with a new part. ours is a 2018 Q1 Calibre A/T 4x2, before the facelift.

no issues pa naman, i carry with it my enduro motorcycle. it's quite boring although it is fast in picking up speed kahit 160hp/403nm torque lang

driven the Strada, Ranger, DMax, Hilux.
    Just in case naka pa pms ka na please feedback naman sa cost ng navarra mo. Tia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast