New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello po mga sirs!

1st time owner to be lang po, kaya worried matrauma . Just want to have some advise from the experts. Which car is better in terms of performance and maintenance. Already interested in 00 nissan exalta or 99 mitsubihi mx, both matic. Performance lng po in everyday use and long distance travel, not racing. Maintenance as in, which one is more cost effective to maintain and alin ang bumabaha ang piyesa everywhere.

Looking forward for your advise. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Consider mo muna yung state ng both cars - mileage, history, etc. Or budget na first consideration mo? A year younger yung Exalta (malamang STA yan kasi 2000 model). Based on comments posted here, yung Exalta STA is a good car to drive, not to mention it has a good interior and with a sunroof. Di ko alam about Lancer MX but I guess it has bigger engine.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1999 Lancer MX only has a 1.6. It's claimed to have 124 - 125 hp (the DOHC headed version shared with the GSR), but since it's an AT, it's just... okay.

The 2000 STA is a really sluggish car, poorly geared AT, powerful, engine-sucking airconditioning ( ), it's a much more cozy and comfortable interior, though, and a softer ride.

The MX leather, though, if it's anything like GSR leather, is a notch hardier and more classy feeling, but the Exalta really beats it in terms of kit. In terms of performance and driving, the MX wins (though it's not as good as the Civic).

Both cars are pretty old by now, and both have their own issues (IACV and airconditioner blower on the Lancer, aircon compressor and MAF on the Sentra), and as both are AT, you have to test drive and evaluate both cars very carefully before deciding which one to buy. Bring a mechanic you know to evaluate each.

Abused manual = clutch job... $$$. Neglected automatic = AT overhaul... $$$$$$$$.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both are not bad cars. But as previously posted, it will boil down to the condition of the actual units you are considering.

I'd take the Exalta if all other things were equal. Never mind if its slow, the interior feels like a luxury car interior. No other cars in its class can touch it in terms of sheer amount of luxury equipment. Leather, moonroof, wood trim, speaker phone, sunshades, etc.

The Nissan's solid rear axle, though not exactly something you'd take on the racetrack, is nevertheless very space efficient. Not to mention simple to work on and is less prone to becoming 'kalampagin' (unless you lower the car or do something stupid to it).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mga bosing, 38km ung exalta STA and 54km ung MX. Both cars 298k, actually d2 ko lng din nkita sa ads ng tsikot. Out of d country ksi ako n mkikisuyo lng sa barkada para tingnan ung car. So b4 ko pasugurin, hingi muna ko tip.

sir niky, tanong po ng inosente sa car, ano po ung IACV and MAF na issue sa lancer n nissan respectively?

Ty po sa mga nag-advise.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jap_nice View Post
    mga bosing, 38km ung exalta STA and 54km ung MX. Both cars 298k, actually d2 ko lng din nkita sa ads ng tsikot. Out of d country ksi ako n mkikisuyo lng sa barkada para tingnan ung car. So b4 ko pasugurin, hingi muna ko tip.

sir niky, tanong po ng inosente sa car, ano po ung IACV and MAF na issue sa lancer n nissan respectively?

Ty po sa mga nag-advise.
    yung MAF sensor ng exalta hindi naman tlaga malaking issue if you take good care of it.

dapat lang linisin mo sya every year.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IACV, it controls the idle of the Lancer... kumbaga, sa lumang tsikot, "idle-up"...

Truth to tell, the engine sensor issues are minor ones, and if the car is running properly when you buy it, no harm.

Don't rush buying when you come back... look over your choices carefully and test drive all of them first. Personally, I like the comfort of the Exalta (ex-owner), but having been there, done that, if I were to pick one of the secondhand vehicles in that price range, I'd take a VTi, merely because I want my car to have a little zoom-zoom.

But if you're not a car-guy, the Exalta is a great choice. I've driven 1000 kms in a day in that car with no complaint, one arm on the window sill, holding the light steering wheel, and the other resting on the shifter. Very comfy car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    298K IMHO, mataas ang prices. im scouting for car's in the 250s-270s range nakakakita ako ng mga 00-01 Exalta STAs dun.

anyway, between the two id prolly get the Exalta.
    although handling wise, mas masarap i-drive ang Lancer. ang ganda pati ng suspension although mejo kalampagin.

parts and maintenance, i think about the same lang sila.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    mejo mahal nga ung exalta bro... basti's right, nasa 250-270k na lang yan depending on the condition of the car...

for me exalta ka na if u want a well-rounded car... if plus sau ang porma, mas may edge ang mx

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tnx po sa mga nag-advise. lalo na sa pricing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
nissan exalta or mitsubishi mx