New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009

My officemate was offered these two (2000-BB /2002-Cube) JDM BOXES by an importer/car dealer friend.
    She has no knowledge about cars, so she asked me for which of the two was best.
    She prefers the Cube and the BB because of the Headroom, Cargo Space and Wacky Japanese styling... And both are automatics, the cars are in pristine condition(Japanese Owned). Both are LHD conversions, will this be an issue?
    Price: Toyota BB- 325,000.00
    Nissan Cube 420,000.00
    Is the price fair for both units? Since both are almost 8 years old...
    Which one would you prefer?

CUBE

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    How about none? Importer + JDM = Original RHD converted to run LHD. This means that there is more maintenance to be done and some parts like the brakes might just not work in the middle of the road since the car was not designed to be driven as an LHD. Trust me, my mechanic has this customer who owns a LHD converted Subic Pajero who's a regular in his talyer haha.

Given it's already 8 years old and a converted unit, having no knowledge of cars will prove to be disastrous for your friend.
    Last edited by noobskie; February 23rd, 2010 at 12:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hindi locally introduce ang mga to diba? so maintenance is also a problem.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Spare parts availability

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    add ko lang ah... for that costs, your friend can and will be able to purchase a good 2nd hand "local" cars or even use the money for financing a brand new car.
    Last edited by aejhayl17; February 23rd, 2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: time check hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think the bB is base on the echo verso.

been seeing a lot lately

blackbox

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mahirap ang parts availability and maintenance ng dalawa. pero if i really need to choose, Nissan Cube na ako. mas unique kasi design niya.

why not go for commercially available 2nd hand cars? or the Great Wall Cool Bear perhaps? its only P695,000 at brand new pa. hehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Neither because other than what has been mentioned I can't imagine how much slower either of these two can possibly get with a 1.3L engine. In the US both had bigger engines and it was already underpowered so I can't imagine using a smaller engine.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Neither.

Finding parts for each is a hard thing to do since either one of them aren't locally produced.

I haven't seen a nissan cube rovering around metro manila streets, yet.

A locally produced second hand vehicle seems to be a better choice -, toyota vios comes in mind.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The bB shares a lot with the Vios and Yaris, so engine parts and spares (oil filter, fuel filter) won't be an issue. Suspension and brake parts may be similar or even identical.

The Cube uses a March platform and engines. The March wasn't sold locally, but the Nissan Verita is a March with a "retro" body kit, and Norkis and many other small distributors sell refurbished March units, so it's a fair bet you'll be able to find mechanical spares for the Cube.

What will be difficult is finding cosmetic parts locally... for either car... so don't get into an accident. Otherwise, owning one won't be impossible, but I wouldn't recommend it for an owner who doesn't know how to go "Banawe hunting".
    Last edited by niky; February 23rd, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Cube 1.3 or Toyota BB 1.3.... interesting right?