Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    350z. no question about it.

get a real porsche not a boxster.
    this is the only answer you need TS.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    this is the only answer you need TS.
    why? whats with a boxster? it is still a porsche right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My ideas of a "real" porsche!

TYPE 930.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A Boxster is a real Porsche. Heck, it's better on the racetrack than a regular 911 of the same vintage or the 350Z as longas you get the 3.2.

BUT: I would suggest against getting one unless you know a mechanic or shop familiar with Boxster issues, as they can get pretty serious. If the car has not had work done on it already to address issues with the balancer shafts, run, don't walk, away.

Not that a 350Z is cheap to own, either. If it's abused, you'll have to check the condition of the bushings and possibly take a look at how well the viscuous LSD is holding up. If it's got a lot of kilometers on the clock and the previous owner was an enthusiast, there's a chance of damage there. (this is why I like "inferior" helical LSDs, no extra maintenance required)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A Boxster is a real Porsche. Heck, it's better on the racetrack than a regular 911 of the same vintage or the 350Z as longas you get the 3.2.

BUT: I would suggest against getting one unless you know a mechanic or shop familiar with Boxster issues, as they can get pretty serious. If the car has not had work done on it already to address issues with the balancer shafts, run, don't walk, away.

Not that a 350Z is cheap to own, either. If it's abused, you'll have to check the condition of the bushings and possibly take a look at how well the viscuous LSD is holding up. If it's got a lot of kilometers on the clock and the previous owner was an enthusiast, there's a chance of damage there. (this is why I like "inferior" helical LSDs, no extra maintenance required)
    which has the most OEM parts available here in the Philippines? like oil filter, shocks, control arm, bearings, etc.

and Which shop specializes in both cars?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    which has the most OEM parts available here in the Philippines? like oil filter, shocks, control arm, bearings, etc.

and Which shop specializes in both cars?
    Really? Neither. Parts for both are only available at the dealership or specialty aftermarket shops. It's not like you can go to a random supply shop in Banawe and buy Z car brake pads off the shelf. Regular stores do not stock parts for cars that are not common, and while both were relatively cheap sportscars when they came out, they are far from common.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It would have to be Porsche IMHO, but it'll come straight from the dealer only. Goodluck.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    pros and cons of the two:

-spare parts
    -maintenance cost
    -local vs imported

They are of the same price I think.

So, please do add some more if you have something in mind

very late reply, but hope this still helps if you haven't bought any yet..

i'd choose the 350z.. this maybe biased, i own a 2007 nissan 350z, and if you're planning to buy 1, i'd recommend that you buy 07 and up 350z, thats with the latest engine vq35hr. essentially the same engine with the 370z, but with only a little smaller displacement.. its more responsive, better fuel efficiency as well, and got more hp as well.. also try to get a local CBU unit from nissan as well, or at least one thats not converted so that servicing it for pms even at casas won't be a problem.. nissan doesn't service converted once..

for spare parts, i'd have to disagree with sir niky. spare parts, especially the wear and tear ones and the ones used for pms are very much available everywhere, even in banawe.. only major components are a little harder to find in banawe and oem can only be found in casas, but spare parts and after market ones are very much available even in banawe..

lastly, maintenance easy and not expensive as well, since parts are very much available.. i always have mine serviced at casa and the most i spent was around 12k, and thats with all fluids replaced.. but for normal pms, i always spend around 6k with fully synthetic oil with that.. would probably cost less outside casa..

as for the con, its a gas guzzler, but you know that since its a 3.5 v6.. fc hovers around 5-6km/liter city and 10-11km/liter highway..

for the boxster, i couldnt comment.. but its a german, and german vehicles have more expensive parts and maintenance.. my brother owns a bmw 1-series so at least i'd have an estimate..

if you have other questions, just pm me, i can answer anything with regards to the 350z..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast