5 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    There are only two Jap sports/super cars that will make the waves this gen:

Nissan GT-R and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10

Malapit na sana ang Subaru pero binasura nila ng konti ang design ng bagong model. Even with the hatchback and sedan, medyo so-so pa rin yung styling. To top that, wala silang bagong engines at the moment (unlike what Nissan and Mitsu have announced).

So ngayon, only those two will triumph while the Subaru would be out of the race this time around.
    seems that you are very sure of what you are saying

sabi ng SA, Subaru's plan is to make the WRX/STI a short-wheel base car and trim the length shorter to be more agile and manueverable kaya nag-hatch sila, like the Ford Focus and Citroen. i dont think na aged na rin yung 2.5l Boxer Engine nila.tignan na lang natin.

yun din doubt ko sa EvoX, mukhang malaki at malapad, ipapaspok ba nila yon sa rally?
    pano yan sasabay sa maliliit na WRC cars?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Originally Posted by Blackraven
    There are only two Jap sports/super cars that will make the waves this gen:

Nissan GT-R and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10

Malapit na sana ang Subaru pero binasura nila ng konti ang design ng bagong model. Even with the hatchback and sedan, medyo so-so pa rin yung styling. To top that, wala silang bagong engines at the moment (unlike what Nissan and Mitsu have announced).

So ngayon, only those two will triumph while the Subaru would be out of the race this time around.

_______
    Hmmm... the evox? Like what bro Yuichi said parang sure na sure ka na. We cannot tell yet bro black raven.. coz the evo x is not really been tested... haven't shown its performance on any motorsport, and also remember that the evo lately hasn't been dominating the rally scene unlike before, and infact any motorsport in that matter. But well see, in the states the evo x has been tagged as the would be "nissan nemesis" and "honda hunter" though. ;) Let's see whether it will really step up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    seems that you are very sure of what you are saying

sabi ng SA, Subaru's plan is to make the WRX/STI a short-wheel base car and trim the length shorter to be more agile and manueverable kaya nag-hatch sila, like the Ford Focus and Citroen. i dont think na aged na rin yung 2.5l Boxer Engine nila.tignan na lang natin.

yun din doubt ko sa EvoX, mukhang malaki at malapad, ipapaspok ba nila yon sa rally?
    pano yan sasabay sa maliliit na WRC cars?
    Mali ka dun brother! The new subaru, despite being a hatchback actually has a longer wheelbase than the outgoing car by 3.7 inches. Subaru's plan is actually to increase the wheelbase of the car, and change the rear suspension to double-wishbones in order to increase stability. Wala dun yung "paliitin ang kotse."

Ganun din ang ginawa ng Peugot when they transitioned to the 307 from the 206, pati yung championship-leading Citroen ganun din. Last year's Xsara was 2540mm between the wheels, the new C4 WRC is 2608mm. Lahat naghaba ng wheelbase.

I agree the Evo X has yet to prove whether it will live up to it's name and predecessor's pedigree, pero medyo mali yung conclusion and assumptions about small = better sa WRC. In fact, lahat nga ng mga bagong kotse nila mas malalaki. Deceiving lang siguro yung itsura dahil puro hatchback.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My vote goes to the AWD's in the crowd.

The Evo and STi will do fine for me. I need something that'll make plenty of power has 4 doors or more and seats five.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    have you forgotten to add Nissan 350z or i guess its under the nissan Z series of cars..
    Well i go for EVO its no sports car like the NSX or Nissan Z cars.. EVO is a Sedan its like an everyday car your mom and dad drives but its has a monster under the hood .. nearly perfect handling and suspension .. a head turner in the road .. monster drifter .. a AWD car ... It could not win against the Z car or the NSX in terms of HP ... it could not win in a drag race against those sports car... but it can out run a murcielago in a circuit race or anycar for that matter ...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Mali ka dun brother! The new subaru, despite being a hatchback actually has a longer wheelbase than the outgoing car by 3.7 inches. Subaru's plan is actually to increase the wheelbase of the car, and change the rear suspension to double-wishbones in order to increase stability. Wala dun yung "paliitin ang kotse."

Ganun din ang ginawa ng Peugot when they transitioned to the 307 from the 206, pati yung championship-leading Citroen ganun din. Last year's Xsara was 2540mm between the wheels, the new C4 WRC is 2608mm. Lahat naghaba ng wheelbase.

I agree the Evo X has yet to prove whether it will live up to it's name and predecessor's pedigree, pero medyo mali yung conclusion and assumptions about small = better sa WRC. In fact, lahat nga ng mga bagong kotse nila mas malalaki. Deceiving lang siguro yung itsura dahil puro hatchback.

thanks for the info bro, anyway sinabi lang naman sa akin yon. enjoy our Impreza!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    teka diba may nissan z naman talaga sa choices?... I think wala pa din makakapalit sa GTR.. all those cars e kung madami dami pang kakainin.. as in madami. ;) Its a legend talaga! Pro personally for me ang close sa kanyang stature is yung Z... iconic car na to way back pa.. had its share of numerous motorsports trophies. And it's one of those sought after "uso" cars 2day, have seen d Fn'F tokyo drift? I believe nasa top 5 yung nismo xanavi at motul Z ngayon sa current GT 500. Yung silvia ok din, 1 of the most popular cars lalo na sa tuner world.. malupit din ito sa track.. can go head to head sa time attack w/ porsche gt3 sa unlimited ff fr/mr class.
    As for the evo... medyo lay low kc yan ngayon.. same for the imprezza.. di na cla matunog unlike before.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    have you forgotten to add Nissan 350z or i guess its under the nissan Z series of cars..
    Well i go for EVO its no sports car like the NSX or Nissan Z cars.. EVO is a Sedan its like an everyday car your mom and dad drives but its has a monster under the hood .. nearly perfect handling and suspension .. a head turner in the road .. monster drifter .. a AWD car ... It could not win against the Z car or the NSX in terms of HP ... it could not win in a drag race against those sports car... but it can out run a murcielago in a circuit race or anycar for that matter ...
    Ah... dude Aizen.. the evo is really not known for drifting.. Rally yes.. but definitely not a monster drifter. It has yet to won a drift trophy. The imprezza (converted to be rwd) has it share of accolades sa D1 gran prix though.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi to everyone here. am just curious about the cars you are mentioning here coz i happen to try some of them here sa pinas.
    a. the skyline gtr is a huge car with 310 marked on its speedometer. big and wide tires! and very very fast! selling for 600k surplus japan
    b. nissan silvia, accelerates like hell, reached 160 kph in 250 meters! my balls were in my neck! selling for 450k petot
    c. subaru sti, small car compared to the other two, did not test drive. prize was 500k petot

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    d. mitsubishi gto- gwapo, super gwapo feeling ko nang i drive. he he he ayaw ipabirit ng may ari. 450k jap surplus
    e.toyota celica supra, mas gwapo itsura nung gto. di ko na try, only 350k petot jap surplus.

i ended up buying a honda odyssey coz thats what my wife wants. kung ako masusunod, i will buy the gtr, tapos hamunin ko lahat ng ek boys.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
The Next Jap Sports/Super Car To Gain Legendary Status Ala Nissan's GTR