• Subaru Impreza

13 22.03%
  • Mazda RX series

5 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Dude! the Z tune is the ****!! no other car is like that in the world!! it can go head to head with mclarens and the ENZO's if were talking about raw speed..

Niky is right about the perceived lack of power with the NSX and NSX-R's engine but that is not where the NSX really excels in.. Honda engineers built the NSX to be one of the best cornering machines ever!! with the mid ship layout and the very low Curb weight, excellent suspension, monster brakes, and a great (underpowered) engine tuning the NSX is perhaps one of the best handling cars EVER!! and the NSX proves that you dont need High Tech F1 transmission, AWD, high tech Diffs, or a monster engine to go fast and win!! and this to me is the whole reason why the NSX is perhaps the best jap supercar or exotic ever..

and oh yeah! do you know who actually tuned the NSX's suspension config...... no other than the late great Ayrton Senna!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yes, I must agree w/ bro orido that nsx is a mutant on corners.. just nasty. Perhaps the best honda sports car ever made.. maybe the only flaw I can see is it's lack of motorsports championship titles vs. other "Godzilla" wannabees Jap sports cars. Other aspirants are so versatile it can drift, do tracks and time attacks ala silvia.. as what I've read in an jap import magazine-- that's whats bothering tuners about the mighty NSX. Nonetheless, maybe in a year or so it can turn and prove out to be the best sportscar next to the nissan GTR.. who knows?!

But bottomline, with all the amazing feats and records the Godzilla made in the motoring world.. I would repeat what is stated in the no.1 Jap Import Magazine SportCompactCar-- "sorry Supra, too bad NSX, but there is no other car like the GTR.." similar when they said Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Kobe or Lebron would be the next airapparent Jordaness.. he he ;) maybe a bit similar, but not quite.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Magkano kaya parating ng bnew skyline sa pinas?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Magkano kaya parating ng bnew skyline sa pinas?
    Ang alam ko dude sa Cebu kaya nilang magparating ng GTR... very cheap around 2m for a 2nd hand GTR R34, but the prob. is that... its for conversion pa here, from right hand to left hand. The owner of the shop in Cebu owns 2 GTRs by the way and says so far naman there conversion is a-ok.. lalo na sa "auto 4 wheel drive" system ng legendary car that is called ATTESA ETS. For the ones na left hand drive na, u can get it sa U.S around 4.5m.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    IMO, the Mitsubishi 3000GT should be included in that select group. in its heyday, it performed just as well as the NSX, Supra, and the RX7.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    IMO, the Mitsubishi 3000GT should be included in that select group. in its heyday, it performed just as well as the NSX, Supra, and the RX7.
    I think the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 /Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo are both on the heavy side stock. But yep, I remember seeing numbers of them. Now, the only one I see around is our neighbor's white non-turbo 3000GT.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    Ok... But I guess I just trimmed it down to those car really in "that level"... the Mitsu GTO or the 3000gt was built by mitsu to go head to head w/ the Supras and even the GTR with twin turbos and all.. but unfortunatelly the car did not show its strenght YET in any motorsport. Thus, making it less popular vs. its championship vet cuz the EVO. Just like what Ive said, the choices were trimmed down to those cars that has impressive achievements in their resume. Cguro u might notice na din that car is unpopular.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There are only two Jap sports/super cars that will make the waves this gen:

Nissan GT-R and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10

Malapit na sana ang Subaru pero binasura nila ng konti ang design ng bagong model. Even with the hatchback and sedan, medyo so-so pa rin yung styling. To top that, wala silang bagong engines at the moment (unlike what Nissan and Mitsu have announced).

So ngayon, only those two will triumph while the Subaru would be out of the race this time around.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    OT: Meron pa bang street legal Toyota Supra ngayon? parang nag-lie low na ang toyota sa production ng supercars? or they find it useless to produce performance cars nowadays and concentrate instead w/ F1?. Wala na rin silang rally cars.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Toyota only has two current sports cars:

The Celica and the MR-S. Both went out of production last year because demand was very low.

The Celica's problems included the peaky engine (absolutely no torque) and the fact that it was never as good as the Integra.

The MR-S had no power for its price... it should have been better than the Miata, with the mid-engine layout, but it sadly wasn't... thus R.I.P.

There's still the Corolla XRS (same problem as Celica, no torque, plus the chassis is so-so), which is discontinued, too. There have been various iterations of Echo/Vios/Yaris Turbos... but they weren't very well-sorted either. So they're fast cars, but not really sporty.

Toyota's next sportscar will most likely be a Lexus. Even if it's meant to be a modern Supra, it won't likely carry a Toyota badge.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
The Next Jap Sports/Super Car To Gain Legendary Status Ala Nissan's GTR