shed some light gurus

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    hi any comments on this dilemma of mine

bnew montero sport entry level variant vs lc80 m/t 1996 model

heart is saying lc80 but for practicality mind is telling me to get monty

shed some light gurus

The new Montero is better. It's more comfortable and you can't beat the reliability of a new vehicle against one that is 15 years old.

Plus that new car smell.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I'd get the Monty if I were you. Bnew eh, much better in maintenance for a few years and if properly taken car of, no worries for a long time vs a car with maintenance concern already. Plus the engine of a CRDI is tough to beat in performance and fuel efficiency IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I`d get the Land Cruiser, so far its one of my favorite LC's.

Rugged looks + superb space is really unbeatable.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you'll use it for recreation purposes only, go for the LC. But if it will be your everyday car, get the Montero.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Do you plan on going off road often and also tag along lots of people and stuff? If so then get the LC80. Its not very fast or thrifty nor does it look very good but for that purpose it should do very well. Otherwise, get the Montero.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    it will be my daily driver to work... i have other rigs well equipped for offroading purpose i always keep my car for a long time 10 years or more im just thinking if the monty will give me headaches when its old. up to know my toyota is still1 click (only replaced wear and tear parts) while my 2 other mitsu rides have many parts replaced and often time have a hard time starting

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010

OT: ewan ko kung bakit deds na deds ako dito, eto ka na lang kaya, montero sport 2001

ahem, sir for what purpose po ba, city driving or for any other heavy duty purposes? my review for the LC are, it is low-maintenance than the CRDI powered montero, cheap spare parts than the modern spare parts for the new SUV like monty and fort as what my friend said w/c also owned a LC, it is more spacious, enough legroom for the passenger, enough room for cargo, power--hmm, well I thinks it is enough becaus AFAIK it is powered by a 4.2 L I6 1HD diesel turbo but there's also a big thing that montero has, 2.5 engine CRDi equipped plus a VGT(modern technicalities) --here is it : the new 2.5 VGT montero output is 177 hp and 350nm torque (manual with 400nm) while the LC is Output is 162 hp (121 kW) at 3600rpm with 267 ft·lbf (361 N·m) of torque at 1400 rpm. 15 horses are the differences (tama ba, boplaks ako sa math e). hmm...it depends upon on you.

if you want to be classy pick the LC, if you want to be practical I bet for the montero

new vs old