New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi guys. Im about to buy a new car & I was leaning towards the New vios 1.3E. however I read the news that the new honda Jazz/Fit will come out later this august.

Shall I get the new vios or should i wait for the new jazz?

Anyone knows what are the variants of the upcoming Jazz/Fit & how much will they cost. thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, if you can wait and you are not budget constraint, ill go for the new jazz na. for sure mas mahal yung upcoming jazz...

if you were to ask me, ill take the vios now.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you can wait a bit, I'd go for the Jazz. But expect a long line again.

The Jazz will debut at the Philippine International Motorshow this Aug 21-24.

There would be two variants. 1.5li and 1.3li. Available in either MT or AT

Colors available would be:

Taffeta White
    Silverstone
    Nighthawk Black
    Rallye Red
    Cerulean Blue

Prices would be higher than the outgoing Jazz. The top of the line Jazz might cost a little more than cheapest Civic (1.8 V m/t).

The few reasons for getting the Vios 1.3 E:
    1.) If you need a ride, like this very moment.
    2.) Standard dealer discount is now Php 30,000 for this variant.
    3.) Toyota's BUY 1 DRIVE 2 promo

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks a lot for your replies.

Ive been surfing the net & I saw modified 1.3e na vios & they look pretty good. mga 80% sure na ako na vios ang kukunin ko

Medyo pricey yata yung bagong Jazz/Fit. Around 700-900k? Anyone knows a more concrete estimated figure?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The new City will also be coming out.. You might want to wait for that as well.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'd wait for the jazz or maybe even for the city :2hearts:

btw, ganda ng exposure ng jazz sa topgear mag ah. mukhang honda is already stepping up for its debut

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If budget is not an issue, I'd go for the new Jazz.....

6610:secret:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    700-800k is for the 1.5. The 1.3 will be cheaper.

I'd wait. The new Jazz supposedly cures the problems of the old one... namely the low-rent interior and the stiff ride. The Vios's ride is somewhat better than the current Jazz's, but the interior is still kind of cheap. And it doesn't drive as nicely as the Jazz does, though the engines in the Vios are torquier than those in the current Jazz... but the new Jazz engines will be the most powerful in the class... 100 bhp for the 1.3!

I'm tempted... 1.3 MT Jazz... but even better... if guys start trading in, it might bring down secondhand prices for the first generation 1.5 MT Jazz... which I'd dearly love to buy...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I doubt if the prices of Honda City and jazz would go down faster with the newer models to be released. The demand for these cars are pretty great due to the on-going fuel price crisis.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If ever na 650k-700k ang 1.3 ng jazz/fit baka ill wait nalang. I went to toyota manila bay kanina and test drove a 1.3E vios. Its pretty decent naman. Not to shabby & It has everything I need. Mahaba din ang waiting list ng 1.3E na vios. Kung kukuha daw ako pang 6 daw ako hehe.

Just to be fair I think Ill test drive the new jazz/fit din pag available na.

Guys sa tingin niyo alin sa dalawa ang mas matipid sa gas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The New Vios now or Wait for the new jazz/fit?