1.3E - 649K
    1.5G MT - 730K
    1.5G AT - 765K
    1.5G A/T leather - Php 811K

Civic 1.8 V MT PHP 777,000.00
    Civic 1.8 V AT PHP 817,000.00
    Civic 1.8 S MT PHP 849,000.00
    Civic 1.8 S AT PHP 884,000.00

Civic 1.8. Get the "S" , which gives you the important safety features, that is if you want to stretch the budget.

Fuel Mileage (as per motioncars)

Vios 1.5G A/T (prev. gen, but it is still the same 1NZ-FE engine) - 15.34 Km/li (also take note, the new Vios has a bigger (and heavier)body so expect the numbers to be a little lower).

Civic 1.8S A/T - 12.31 Km/li

The Vios wins but not with such a big margin over the Civic and to think the Civic has a 1.8li engine and bigger (and heavier body) vehicle.

Re: parts.

You really dont have to worry about any parts changes until you hit around 40,000 Kms, when things like brake pads need to be replaced, rack boot repacked, and so on...

Re: Toyota reliability.

I guess both brands are quite close in terms of reliability. I have owned a EG and EK Civics, both which remained very reliable and trouble-free till they were sold off. I think you need to watch for the build quality of the Civics here bec. the Sta Rosa plant is known for its substandard quality output. I dont if they have solved the defective driver's side power window and the noisy engine support. Also noticed a Civic in the showroom with bad paint. I dont know if its just a unique case, a one-off or something.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik the only thing that they upgraded with the 1nzfe is the EPS
    and it has 4 wheel disc brake already.. still ill pick city a/t over the new vios/yaris

1.8S M/T civic for me..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Civic! simply a notch higher and classier than vios- ninja turtle look. Pagdating ng panahon maging lagam naman yang bagong vios (taxi) sa daan.
    Sa toyota..Altis ang ka level ng Civic hindi ang Vios.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    civic, M/T na lang na 1.8S

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    my budget is up to a civic a/t v lang. i still have to consider chatel mortgage, insurance and registration plus i'll be financing it for 4yrs. mahal! don't like manual bec of the traffic. any idea when the new vios hits the show room? and btw plus points for the vios coz it has the feel and smell of leather! fantastic!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    The new Vios will debut in "The First Philippine International Motorshow" at the World Trade Center, August 9-12.

Btw, I used to be a leather upholstery fan ten years when the only Japanese sedans that had OEM leather were the '96 Honda Accord 2.2 VTi or the Lancer (pizza pie) MX Invecs. Later realized that leather is truly hot to sit on after leaving the car in outside. Leather needs constant attention and maintenance, otherwise it would deteriorate quickly. As it ages, there would line, indents, or cracks, etc...and for some reason it turns shiny and discolored over time.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're buying an automatic for practical reasons, buy a City 1.3 or a City 1.5. Once you've had the CVT a while, you'll wonder why you even considered a traditional automatic.

And no, the current City doesn't look like an "ipis" any more than the current Vios does. The current Vios has the same "huge face" problem that the Civic does and that the previous City did (but the current one corrected) and it has proportions that are similar to the City's, and not much like the previous "***y" Vios.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The new Vios will debut in "The First Philippine International Motorshow" at the World Trade Center, August 9-12.

Btw, I used to be a leather upholstery fan ten years when the only Japanese sedans that had OEM leather were the '96 Honda Accord 2.2 VTi or the Lancer (pizza pie) MX Invecs. Later realized that leather is truly hot to sit on after leaving the car in outside. Leather needs constant attention and maintenance, otherwise it would deteriorate quickly. As it ages, there would line, indents, or cracks, etc...and for some reason it turns shiny and discolored over time.
    really? all the while i thought leather is cooler and more durable. btw, i plan to keep the car for the next 10yrs. thats why it has to be durable. i think this is where toyota has an edge. thats just my opinion

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ayoko lang sa civic is the gigantor like dashboard, di talaga makita hood..pero very roomy and airy

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Vios
    1.3J - 575K
    1.3E - 649K
    1.5G MT - 730K
    1.5G AT - 765K
    1.5G A/T leather - Php 811K

Civic 1.8 V MT PHP 777,000.00
    Civic 1.8 V AT PHP 817,000.00
    Civic 1.8 S MT PHP 849,000.00
    Civic 1.8 S AT PHP 884,000.00

Civic 1.8. Get the "S" , which gives you the important safety features, that is if you want to stretch the budget.

Fuel Mileage (as per motioncars)

Vios 1.5G A/T (prev. gen, but it is still the same 1NZ-FE engine) - 15.34 Km/li (also take note, the new Vios has a bigger (and heavier)body so expect the numbers to be a little lower).

Civic 1.8S A/T - 12.31 Km/li

The Vios wins but not with such a big margin over the Civic and to think the Civic has a 1.8li engine and bigger (and heavier body) vehicle.

Re: parts.

You really dont have to worry about any parts changes until you hit around 40,000 Kms, when things like brake pads need to be replaced, rack boot repacked, and so on...

Re: Toyota reliability.

I guess both brands are quite close in terms of reliability. I have owned a EG and EK Civics, both which remained very reliable and trouble-free till they were sold off. I think you need to watch for the build quality of the Civics here bec. the Sta Rosa plant is known for its substandard quality output. I dont if they have solved the defective driver's side power window and the noisy engine support. Also noticed a Civic in the showroom with bad paint. I dont know if its just a unique case, a one-off or something.
    I saw one too. Sa Shaw yung 1.8S na habanero red. May chip yung paint sa may rear bumper.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
new top of the line vios leather 1.5 a/t or civic 1.8v a/t