New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=3]Hi Guys!

I'm planning to buy a mid size suv and I am considering the new mazda cx7 or the new honda crv 2.0at.

Guys, which of the two is your choice in terms of:
    1. Handling
    2. Riding comfort
    3. Power and speed
    4. Utility
    5. Maintenance cost
    6. Availability of parts and accessories.

Thanks and looking forward to your inputs.
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1. cx-7
    2. cx-7
    3. cx-7
    4. cr-v
    5. cr-v
    6. cr-v

both are tie on your needs, so if you want a practical car get the cr-v if you want a fun car get the cx-7.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1 agree with foresterx on his rankings.

Have you visited a casa/had a test ride/drive? If not, I suggest you do so as well. Sometimes, it's also about the actual look and feel of the car in the showroom and the drive (if you can get a test drive).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    If it's 2.0CRV vs CX7, I'd go with the CX7. But if it's the 2.4CRV vs CX7, I'd have a hard time thinking whether I want a much nicer interior (CRV) or a handsome exterior (CX7)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agree with foresterx's assessment. In the end, which you get will depend on your priorities... the CR-V 2.0 is nowhere near exciting, but it's an economical gasoline crossover that does the job well.

The 2.4 CR-V's interior isn't really much nicer than the CX7s... I'd say slightly better, maybe... though the leather seats are definitely nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sirs,

It will be my everyday car and will be used on occasional trips to the province.

Thank you for all the inputs. I'm sure that those are based on personal experiences. Pls. keep them coming.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    cx7... somehow unique pa on the road rather than the crv... left and right meron sa kalsada..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    CRV, ayaw ko sa CX-7 mukang ulo ng ahas

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I compared (test drove) both cars a few months ago. If its a daily drive, get the CRV. If its for fun, get the CX-7.

The reason you see a lot of CRV on the road its because its a hell a lot more practical than the CX-7. What the CRV has is space, space and more space. CX-7 offers only power and uniqueness.

As for your criteria:

1. Handling - I find the CRV easier to control than the CX-7
    2. Riding comfort - They are both tied but would feel comfortable with the more space CRV has to offer.
    3. Power and speed - CX-7 the clear winner here
    4. Utility - CRV by a mile
    5. Maintenance cost - CRV again (10000 or 6 months service intervals)
    6. Availability of parts and accessories. - CRV by a mile again.

This is just my opinion.

new mazda cx7 vs. new honda crv 2.0at