New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mas masarap parin ankinin yun gusto talaga so if you want the fortuner go for it sabi nga ni cvt di ka naman siguro papasahan ng sakit sa ulo ng kuya mo at diba dati mo na nagagamit yun fortuner so kilala at kabisado mo na sya kahit panu..taz madamo karin reklamo sa small car kaya yun SUV na tutal yun ka diba?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    i'd pick the bnew jazz,.. saka isnt 800k a bit too steep? ganto ba talaga pricing ng 2nd hand na cars? to think na kapatid mo pa.. pano pag ibang tao to, 900 to 1m pa tong fortuner na 5 years old? hehe, curious lang po sir, noob talaga ko sa pricing e :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kung umulan at bumabaha kagaya noon habagat, you'd wish for a Fortuner V...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung Ondoy, you'll wish you had a Crosswind. Cost of replacing Fort ECU: 40k-60k. Cost of replacing Crosswind ECU: 0k.

Quote Originally Posted by EA622 View Post
    i'd pick the bnew jazz,.. saka isnt 800k a bit too steep? ganto ba talaga pricing ng 2nd hand na cars? to think na kapatid mo pa.. pano pag ibang tao to, 900 to 1m pa tong fortuner na 5 years old? hehe, curious lang po sir, noob talaga ko sa pricing e :D
    It's the "Toyota" thing. People will sometimes pay ridiculous prices for secondhand cars that are in demand... like the Fort... the old CR-V... the Jazz...

-

Seriously, though. 100,000 kilometers. 5 years old. "V". Brand new "V" is 1.2m. Take that 1.2m. Add depreciation. You should realistically expect to pay only 600k for it, especially with that mileage and the fact that the next Fort is around the corner with the ugraded 2.5 diesel.

For 800k pesos, you should be able to buy a two-year old Fort 2.5 with much less on the clock.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    A brand new fortuner V is currently selling at 1.7 M.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    A brand new fortuner V is currently selling at 1.7 M.
    Whoop. Looked at wrong price.

At an assumed 20%, market average: 557k.

At an assumed 15% depreciation (low dep... because "Toyota"), 750k pesos total.

Both depreciation calculated off of current worth, not total, because if it's calculated off total, after five years, the worth is 0 pesos.

Say, 750k, good condition. But it's a 100,000 kilometer car. So deduct about 100k from it. Ganyan din... 650k pesos.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thank you for the advices! Hmm I can still haggle for 700k siguro, naisip ko rin I won't go beyond 700k para sa kapatid na price. Gusto kasi nya bumili ng Super Grandia, then palit kami paminsan minsan, I guess I'm doing him a favor din if we retain the Fortuner to our family.

Side note: Na aamaze rin kasi ako minsan when I see very old car sa road, like Pajero 93 na automatic (not 100% sure kung tama info ko, but an old Pajero nevertheless), makikita mo na there must be something sa model / parts / engine / manufacturer at tumagal yung kotse ng ganun at reliable parin sya. I'm wondering if Fortuner would be the same, would you still see old ones in 10+ years after? I'm hoping.

Haha nagulat ako kung 1.2M ang bnew na Fort V then bnew na ko )

*EA622 Yes po 900k outside. Looking sa mga used car posts, reasonable parin naman. Medyo na wweirduhan nga ako nung una, kasi grabe 2nd hand na to, it's like buying a new car, bakit ang mahal ng mga SUVs? Kaya nagtanong rin ako dito.

Before ako mag post, I thought most answers would be to buy a brand new car, I was mistaken. I guess may merit parin si Fortuner, and yes I'm an SUV guy, else I'm a hatch guy haha! I won't buy 2nd hand from another source unless very reliable, so hindi ko iisipin to buy a newer Fort na 2nd hand. Either I buy my kuya's or I buy a new car within my budget. Thank you ulit sa mga sumagot, nakakatulong mga sinasabi nyo, natututo rin ako along the way.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    both decision you will make you can't go wrong. Jazz for me is very fun to drive, never did i regret that i bought one last year.
    As for the fort, very popular and reliable too. if you decide to buy your brothers fort and afterwards decided to sell it,, there's a lot of buyers , and selling it will be a piece of cake. For me enjoy the fort, sell it afterwards, buy the jazz.
    at least you we're able to have them both.
    as for the price of 800 i think it reasonable since it's installment with bank interest. but it's not a bargain price it's ok ok, you know what i mean. a bargain 4x4 2006 fort should be around 700 below.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mvergel View Post
    Thank you for the advices! Hmm I can still haggle for 700k siguro, naisip ko rin I won't go beyond 700k para sa kapatid na price. Gusto kasi nya bumili ng Super Grandia, then palit kami paminsan minsan, I guess I'm doing him a favor din if we retain the Fortuner to our family.

Side note: Na aamaze rin kasi ako minsan when I see very old car sa road, like Pajero 93 na automatic (not 100% sure kung tama info ko, but an old Pajero nevertheless), makikita mo na there must be something sa model / parts / engine / manufacturer at tumagal yung kotse ng ganun at reliable parin sya. I'm wondering if Fortuner would be the same, would you still see old ones in 10+ years after? I'm hoping.

Haha nagulat ako kung 1.2M ang bnew na Fort V then bnew na ko )

*EA622 Yes po 900k outside. Looking sa mga used car posts, reasonable parin naman. Medyo na wweirduhan nga ako nung una, kasi grabe 2nd hand na to, it's like buying a new car, bakit ang mahal ng mga SUVs? Kaya nagtanong rin ako dito.

Before ako mag post, I thought most answers would be to buy a brand new car, I was mistaken. I guess may merit parin si Fortuner, and yes I'm an SUV guy, else I'm a hatch guy haha! I won't buy 2nd hand from another source unless very reliable, so hindi ko iisipin to buy a newer Fort na 2nd hand. Either I buy my kuya's or I buy a new car within my budget. Thank you ulit sa mga sumagot, nakakatulong mga sinasabi nyo, natututo rin ako along the way.
    woah, this pretty much sums up the case of our cars.. We have a pajero din na Gen2 like u said.. we bought it for around P400K nung 2003 i think? well, reliable pa din naman siya most of the time, pero we had our share of repairs na din thru the years.. thing is, we cant risk long trips na using our old pajero so we bought a second car nung 2010.. i was really inclined to buy the Jazz dati pa! then came Tucson which our bunso really liked kaya ayun ang binili namin (bought the base model kasi manual din gusto nia and ang mahal nung diesel! 300k diff, well ako din mejo biased nun sa tucson, porma e, hehe).. then it hit me, bad move pala.. we should've picked the jazz instead.. mas mura yung TOTL Jazz, mas madaming features, "fuel efficient!" and AT din.. ang hirap turuan ng mga ate ko sa MT! kinakabahan pa tuloy ako ngayon kung magkano na lang value nitong tucson in 5 years..

oh, + ung horror stories sa HARI , damn, katakot talaga

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the person is not knowledgeable with cars, i would recommend the new car. but if (s)he is comfortable with car fixing, then i would think the fortuner would be acceptable.
    i suppose the choice also has to do with what type of driving the user intends to do..
    for me, because i have unbelievably bulky baggage requirements, and since bahain samin, i'd choose the fortuner anytime.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast