New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello po mga masters... magpapatulong po sana ako which car na mas maganding bilhin. I'm torn between the New Hyundai Accent 1.6GLS or Honda City 1.5E A/T?

Planning to buy this month but di ko alam kung alin mas magandang bilhin. This would our first car so hopefully matulungan nyo kami magdecide.. Thanks!!!

BTW, main concern is Fuel Economy, Maintenance, Comfort and Interior.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello po mga masters... magpapatulong po sana ako which car na mas maganding bilhin. I'm torn between the New Hyundai Accent 1.6GLS or Honda City 1.5E A/T?

Planning to buy this month but di ko alam kung alin mas magandang bilhin. First car namin so hopefully matulungan nyo kami magdecide.. Thanks!!!

BTW, main concern is Fuel Economy, Maintenance, Comfort and Interior.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Sorry na double post.. nagloloko kasi internet ko.. paki delete nalang admin.. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *TS:

Meron na pong existing thread tungkol dito. But to answer your question, Honda's PMS is longer which means tipid in the long run. However, Hyundai's 5-year warranty is also a great consideration.

Also to take into consideration, the Korean H is picking-up like what the Japanese cars did in the 80s and 90s. Dati po kasi (70s), pag sinabing Japanese car, either "FORD" daw or "BMW": "Fix Or Repair Daily" o "Bubulukin Masisirain Wawarakin" (no offense meant to Ford & Bimmer fans ) pero nung 90s, biglang BOOM! Now, it's the Korean cars who are in that stage and they're even surpassing the Japs. Please also note that Hyundai owns Kia now.

However, the Japanese H has got the advantage when we talk about after-market services. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I search the threads pero wala ako makitang comparison sa New Accent 1.6 vs Honday City 1.5. All I can see is yung old Accent CRDi compare to the City. If meron man pakipost nalang po yung link.

Anyways, salamat po sa comments ninyo. It will really help. Any other comments from other members?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinhimura View Post
    I search the threads pero wala ako makitang comparison sa New Accent 1.6 vs Honday City 1.5. All I can see is yung old Accent CRDi compare to the City. If meron man pakipost nalang po yung link.

Anyways, salamat po sa comments ninyo. It will really help. Any other comments from other members?
    IMO, if you want better resale value go with Honda City, but if you want a fresh subcompact that will be value for money in the end, choose the Accent. With Accent, you got a bigger engine, new design, good interior, good space in the trunk, they are both reliable, but mas mura lang ang Accent with more features. City design, although good, is i think 2 years already (correct me na lang mga tsikoteers), so most likely, minor minor lang gagawin. just like one post above 5 years warranty vs 3 years. regarding pms, honda uses fully synthetic thats why every 10k PMS nila, but pwede rin naman sa hyundai yan, although you still have to bring it in every 5k KM for change of filter and not oil if using synthetic oil

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i owned both cars. i choose city

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    1.5 City E looks more upscale for me. I like the total looks of the 1.5 E rather than the Accent Blue. Just my 2 cents. No need to hate.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    City E..

Hindi daw kasi taxi tulad ng Accent....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    City E..

Hindi daw kasi taxi tulad ng Accent....
    Tama.

It's like this eh.
    What would you choose?
    A China made cellphone with lots of features with less appealing design.
    A Nokia phone with less features but a more appealing design.

Depends doesn't it? There are no wrong decisions. So no need to hate for not joining the Accent bandwagon.

New Hyundai Accent 1.6 GLS A/T or Honda City 1.5E A/T? PLS HELP!!!