New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Considered getting a Sorento 7-seat diesel model but am concerned with Kia's long-term quality and reliability. The upcoming 2012 Honda CR-V looks really nice and I expect them to be priced pretty close to each other (1.6-1.7M). What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The quality and reliability should be there since the Sorento is based off the Sta Fe.

I think what you should worry about is Kia's after sales service, which is still unproven vs the traditional companies.

I deal with Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai in the servicing of our cars. By far, I find Honda Philippines' service the better among the other car companies I've had to deal with.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I would go for the Sorento. After sales service of Kia has improved by miles already, and the parts are reasonable to come by. Since its based on the Sta Fe, Sta Fe parts can be used interchangeably with the Sorento, thus also ensuring a stable supply. Honda still has parts supply issues due to the Japan Quake and the Thailand Flooding.

I have both, and so far, we have our CRV serviced outside the casa already since casa did some shortcuts in some of our repairs. My Sorento still gets serviced in Kia Pasay, where you can view your car while the mechanics work on it.

New CR-V or Sorento CRDi