The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the civic...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    sabi sa Civic thread kayang mag 9km/l sa city driving yung 2.0L.. tapos ang worst FC daw ay nasa 7km/l.. 10++km/l naman yung hi way driving..
    and the 1.8l civic has 9km/l worse fc according to fuel economy test by topgear.

well i reccomend civic. i live in cagayan de oro and yes, altis taxi are all around my place. before that new altis came, approximately 80% of the taxis here are all altis. people prefer altis taxi than the old sentra, of course. now that the new altis came, i think there are already 50 units more or less that are being used as taxis. theres a thread about maybe you might want to take a look. my favorite variant of the civic is the 1.8l version as it has excelent blend of fuel economy and power

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    JJ, powerful na yung 1.8S pero fuel efficient.. siguro mas gusto pa nya ng more features at more power kaya 2.0S ang gusto nya.. tsaka baka mahilig sya sa "top-of-the-line"..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentanaka View Post
    Guys, which do you think is the best in terms of performance and FC. why?

I really like the Civic but I'm now having doubts when I saw the new Altis... Nasisira lang image ng Altis kapag ginagawang taxi... Please help.

By the way, I've been a Civic owner since the 90s. So I almost had all the Civic generations... So far, I'm satisfied with this type of car.

Thanks
    I'd rather get an Altis because of cheaper maintenance but if you can afford higher cost of maintenance then go for a civic. Civic is a great car. I'd just like to suggest to wait the all New Mazda 3. Looks good in the pictures. Hopefully it will look good also in specs.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^That is the biggest myth around. Altis cheaper to maintain than a Civic. It just never dies.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^That is the biggest myth around. Altis cheaper to maintain than a Civic. It just never dies.
    Why myth? anything wrong?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes wrong in saying that Altis is cheaper to maintain than Civic where in reality they are just the same in terms of cost of maintaining. In the 90's it was true but now hindi na.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes wrong in saying that Altis is cheaper to maintain than Civic where in reality they are just the same in terms of cost of maintaining. In the 90's it was true but now hindi na.
    Yeah right! you're a funny guy.
    Just to share with you, my dad has an Altis 2004 model 1.6E while mine is a 2005 Civic 1.6. By comparing the maintanance cost, the Altis is definitely cheaper than my Civic. So what's your story? I'm excited to hear it...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    2004 Altis 1.6E (my sister's car) vs 2007 Civic 1.8V (my car). Ganun din bawat bisita namin sa CASA I pay around P3000 - P4000 unless may parts replacement which is normal for both cars and the prices are similar give or take a few hundred bucks. So if P200 is a big deal for you then mag Altis ka na nga

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It is my understanding that:
    Honda and Toyota has almost similar pricing scheme for MAINTENANCE SERVICE.
    But Honda is definitley more expensive in vehicle REPLACEMENT PARTS.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast