New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hindi parin ba ganun ka talamak parts ng FD Civic? Eh diba dami ng tao meorn nito?
    I think madami ng parts ang FD, pero iba pa rin ang availability (kahit saan) and cost (relatively cheaper) ng Toyota parts.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    walang foglamps yata ang 2008 V variant. yung S ang meron na. sayang!!!

the V also gets ABS, rear center seatbelt and aux jack.
    yung S naman, rear center seatbelt & speed sensing doorlocks daw.

medyo off topic...
    meron bang 2008 mazda3 coming out din? anyone know the new features?also, saan ba assembled mazda3?

i know FD is philippines, altis is thailand.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The civic is my choice whether it be here in the US or in the Philippines. In the US both have 1.8 liter engines and the top of the line Corolla XRS gets a 2.4 liter engine to match the Civic Si 2.0 liter. Style is a matter of choice, the way you look at how toyota positioned the Yaris, Corolla and Camry in terms of style, middle management corporate conventional look its the Corolla. The Camry is settled upper management and the yaris entry level management staff. As for Honda (Accord,Civic and Fit/Jazz), the Accord dynamic upper management, Civic evolutionary middle management and the Fit the feisty upstart staff.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Style: Honda FD no contest. hehehehhe

I would've liked it more if it came with auto-levelling HID projector lamps. And heater. Ginawin kasi ako that's why nagamit ko talaga heater nung Santa Fe nung nagpunta kami ng Baguio.

And of course, the Diesel FD. I wonder what is stopping Honda from selling the diesel FD Civic here.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Style: Honda FD no contest. hehehehhe

I would've liked it more if it came with auto-levelling HID projector lamps. And heater. Ginawin kasi ako that's why nagamit ko talaga heater nung Santa Fe nung nagpunta kami ng Baguio.

And of course, the Diesel FD. I wonder what is stopping Honda from selling the diesel FD Civic here.
    Costs... I think kung magdadala ng diesel variants ang Honda dito sa Philippines, grabe ang presyo nun since diesel engines are way more expensive than Gasoline ones.

Another thing might be the quality ng diesel natin sa Pinas. If they bring in the CRDi engine here, baka ma-experience nila yung D4-D problems ng Toyota. So until the diesels here in the country get really better than what it is today, don't expect Honda or all of the other brands (Toyota also has a D4-D Corolla in Europe) to bring in their CRDi engines kasi, gamble yun for their reputation like again what happened with Toyota.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Guys, which do you think is the best in terms of performance and FC. why?

I really like the Civic but I'm now having doubts when I saw the new Altis... Nasisira lang image ng Altis kapag ginagawang taxi... Please help.

By the way, I've been a Civic owner since the 90s. So I almost had all the Civic generations... So far, I'm satisfied with this type of car.

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    if eto lng dalawa choice altis na lng
    nadala na ako s honda mahal ng maintenance

if may iba pa choice ill go for latest mitsubishi lancer parang evoX

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentanaka View Post
    Guys, which do you think is the best in terms of performance and FC. why?

I really like the Civic but I'm now having doubts when I saw the new Altis... Nasisira lang image ng Altis kapag ginagawang taxi... Please help.

By the way, I've been a Civic owner since the 90s. So I almost had all the Civic generations... So far, I'm satisfied with this type of car.

Thanks
    i think based on your criterias, the civic would be at the edge. the only catch, i think is that maintenance wise, the civic would be more expensive because most of its parts are really electronic based.

di naman ginagawang taxi ang altis na bago ah.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    di naman ginagawang taxi ang altis na bago ah.
    Sir IDLV...sa Cagayan de Oro po pinang-taxi lang latest model na Altis E.

So if you are image-concious, Civic is probably it.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    yep, last Wednesday, coding ako, kaya taxi lang me to and fro the office..
    on my way to the office, i was lucky enough to ride an 08 Altis E as well.. nice ng loob, but for the tag price, medio mahal cia for my budget, kaya i bought an 08 Sentra last August as my bday gift to myself

as someone who has scouted these 3 compact sedans, Altis, Sentra and Civic, I would say go for the Civic still.

If you can afford to maintain a Civic from the 90's til present, the 08 Civic should not be a problem for you. Nice looks, good interior legroom, wide range of aftermarket goodies and nice re-sale value.

I wish could've afforded it, but I'm a Nissan lover since the 1990 as well.
    Plus the price, including the ever reliable A/C is way too good...

just my two cents..

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast