New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    But for people like me who find the Civic's styling really ugly, then the Corolla becomes the clear winner here. I really don't know what happened to the designers at Honda, they just f**ked up the Civic after the 2000 model (SIR body). I wanted to get the new Altis but the bills keep piling up so maybe next year, hopefully I'll be able to afford to upgrade my current '03 Altis J into the new Altis.

Styling is a matter of preference sir. There's not one style that would fit the taste of everyone. Otherwise, wala kang makikita ni isang Ssangyong Stavic sa daan

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    The Civic 1.8S is my pick... But it would have been a wholehearted choice if it had:

- 60/40 rear seatback split
    - Heater Function (kahit wala nang dual zone ek-ek na yan!)
    - Variable intermittent front wipers (only found at the 2.0 S-L)

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    The Civic 1.8S is my pick... But it would have been a wholehearted choice if it had:

- 60/40 rear seatback split
    - Heater Function (kahit wala nang dual zone ek-ek na yan!)
    - Variable intermittent front wipers (only found at the 2.0 S-L)
    I agree ..... Except for the heater function - I don't think we need this feature in this tropical environment of ours.

In addition, I hope they can add the following features:

*Curtain airbags and side airbags for the 1.8 S. Pls don't shortchange or compromise the safety of your customers, Honda!
    *Add remote trunk opener button in the wave key.
    *head rest for rear center passenger. If they added a center seatbelt for the '08 model then they may as well complete the package by including a headrest.

I predict by 2009, the Civic is on schedule for its mid-life "update" (typical of Honda models). I hope HONDA READS THIS post, cross your fingers, they would actually listen to what the customers want and NOT what they (Honda) want.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I agree ..... Except for the heater function - I don't think we need this feature in this tropical environment of ours.

In addition, I hope they can add the following features:

*Curtain airbags and side airbags for the 1.8 S. Pls don't shortchange or compromise the safety of your customers, Honda!
    *Add remote trunk opener button in the wave key.
    *head rest for rear center passenger. If they added a center seatbelt for the '08 model then they may as well complete the package by including a headrest.

I predict by 2009, the Civic is on schedule for its mid-life "update" (typical of Honda models). I hope HONDA READS THIS post, cross your fingers, they would actually listen to what the customers want and NOT what they (Honda) want.
    *number001- ang lamig po dito sa baguio! brrrrrr.... heater please ... and i'm sure the heater will come in useful in someway in the future...

agree din ako with the side and curtain airbags... the challenge that honda will have to face of with is the price. it must be a balance within its class. the headrest is a good idea- add the 3-point seatbelt for the center passenger. as for the remote trunk, honda has to make the trunk release electromagnetic first instead of the usual cable type. pakiusap ko lang sa Honda is to at least put a driver's side airbag on the 1.8V!

As for the facelift, i'm sure Honda is working on it- then it will be here on/or before 2009! then the next generation civic will come by 2011!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boytbak View Post
    yung bagong civic ngaun pangit itsura? bulag ka ata bro haha

you must be a fanboy of Toyota
    +1 here! i think the new civic has a much better design! the lines are simply beautiful from all angles the altis is much more conservative. looks nice but still resembles the outgoing model

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The civic won over the rest in the recent COTY awards...nuf said.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ I don't think the new Altis was part of that awards but even if it was the Civic would have won :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, malamang 2009 pa redesign or exterior tweaks. if you remember the 1996 EK Civic was facelifted 1999.

...........hehehe wala lang, baka naman mag konek yun hahaha ;)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    In this selection, sa Civic ako.

Pero kung i-take into consideration ang maintenance cost and parts. Safer kung Altis IMHO.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hindi parin ba ganun ka talamak parts ng FD Civic? Eh diba dami ng tao meorn nito?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast