New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my wife and i have narrowed our choices down to 2. i have an old 1.3 jazz and enjoy it very much but want to upgrade. which would be better.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    go with the new City!

> city definitely has bigger trunk than the Jazz
    > all new dashboard with fuel consumption meter
    > paddleshift for the 1.5 model
    > great looks
    > a lot better build quality than older models
    > 120hp 1.5liter engine

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda new city.... bigger pa....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    go with the Honda City, because it means your helping secure Filipino workers at their Laguna factory rather than securing jobs of Thai workers (incase of the Jazz). and oh yes, agree with Kyoots points as well.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako lang ata ang pabor sa Jazz. Why? Mas mura sya kaysa sa City and IMO over the long run it will retain its resale value a bit better than the City. The Jazz is also a world model known as Fit in other markets while the City is not available in the US. Ngayon lang hot ang City kasi yan yung bago, pero eventually when it starts flooding the streets wala na rin yung glamour...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    For me id go for the jazz (specs are practivally the same)

y?

1.) i prefer the interior design
    2.) better space, leg and headroom
    3.) better outside view (large panel windows)
    4.) Better re-sale value (benefit for those who change cars often)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ako lang ata ang pabor sa Jazz. Why? Mas mura sya kaysa sa City and IMO over the long run it will retain its resale value a bit better than the City. The Jazz is also a world model known as Fit in other markets while the City is not available in the US. Ngayon lang hot ang City kasi yan yung bago, pero eventually when it starts flooding the streets wala na rin yung glamour...

+1 dito... They call it CONVERSE "they everywhere"..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i saw and nakasakay na ako sa new jazz and new city.

Interior - Jazz wins, why? new city has only 1 glove box now compare to jazz na niretain yung 2 glove box sa harap. City head unit panel looks cheap, while jazz head unit panel looks like designed by a reputable designer, yung sa city para kasing chinese ang style eh. Yung sandalan sa likod ng Jazz of coure nafo-fold down, while sa city hindi na sya tulad ng dati na ULT. Again, look at the jazz Aircon knob and compare it to City, then you judge kung alin ang mas pinagisipan at mas pinaganda. Very cheap and common ang dating ng knob ng new city

Exterior - Sa mukha, i vote for the Jazz also, ang angas kasi ang lapad ng wind shield, grill also looks nicer. Sa rear, panalo pa rin ang Jazz , tingnan mo yung sa city tabingi ang ilaw....

Overall, value for money ang Jazz sa totoo lang....

City is like the Civic nung unang lumabas, ang angas pero nung kumalat na sa kalye nakakasawa. Ganan din amngyayari sa New City, ngayun lang yan nakakatuwang pagmasdan...so just see to your self na lang ang features kung pasok sa taste mo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    medyo leaning nga ako towards the 1.5 jazz. pero sayang wala siyang leather steering wheel at fog lamps na OEM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'd take the City. I've been a fan of sedans for their bigger storage capcity. Ayaw ko kasi magsama yung cargo sa cabin meant for people. And besides, it looks like a USDM Civic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
new city 1.5 vs new jazz 1.5