New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Guys pls help, im planning to buy 1.5e variant, what is the best for you vios or city? thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    if youre not in a hurry wait for the 2009 city, although it was just recently launched hindi pa known ang specs ng car. and besides advantage ang 2009 city compared to 2008 vios. mas new looks although mukhang same engine, ewan ko lng kun naka padde shift like the jazz. PERO IF YOU WANT A CAR RIGHT AWAY and hindi kaya magpila, the toyota vios is just as good, a no problem car from fine manufacturer TOYOTA.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me I get the New 1.5 City this Time

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    As the City slogan says "Change the Rules" and IMO its a game changer in the sub compact segment. The Vios just looks so shall we say a level below compared to the new City which looks so much more upscale.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ok sana yung City 1.5 E, but IMO masyadong mahal for its class, kung ako ang bibili dagdag na lang ako ng konti para Altis G A/T na lang bibilhin ko.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Ok sana yung City 1.5 E, but IMO masyadong mahal for its class, kung ako ang bibili dagdag na lang ako ng konti para Altis G A/T na lang bibilhin ko.
    Same feeling here.

When the new City just came out, I was very impressed as it looked very sleek and modern. I visited dealers many times to look at the City 1.5E and almost ordered one.

But now, I am starting to realize that its not as great as I felt before. While City 1.5 is a nice car, for a similar budget, maybe you should also look at the Civic S or the Altis G A/T as mentioned above. I feel compacts still offer much better value in terms of space, comfort, and practicality.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sali ako dito since I'm looking for inputs between the two mention above.
    I'm leaning towards Vios M/T 1.5 because of the price. What else do I need to consider?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i feel mas mataas resale value ng vios kasi pwede gawing taxi yan after.
    No offense to vios owners ang dami lang talgang taxi na vios..

H.city looks great but felt cheap in some points.. at the price konting dagdag lang civic ka na mas may dating pa at felt safer kasi bigger car.. why not wait til april i think may lalabas na civic facelifted baka mabago pa isip mo mas may dating yun kesa H.city..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Taxi companies don't pay high price for used vehicles At the end of the day negosyo sila at babaratin ka nila.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    as the number of City owners rises, it's appeal to me is slowly diminishing..
    not to mention the cheap looking interiors.. for that price, i would expect more.

if i were you, instead of waiting in line for the new City, save up more and you can afford na the Civic.. still very nice.. or the Altis as well.

but if you really need to decide, the 1.5 Vios gets my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New 2009 honda city 1.5e Vs. Vios 1.5