New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    JohnM....I agree, nag test drive ako ng Fort and the SA drove it mostly pina-drive lang sa akin nung pabalik na at malapit na sa dealer. Seems like their SA's are not so accomodating unlike sa ibang dealers, maybe it's getting to their heads na dahil sa demand....really(?). :fire:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    JohnM....I agree, nag test drive ako ng Fort and the SA drove it mostly pina-drive lang sa akin nung pabalik na at malapit na sa dealer. Seems like their SA's are not so accomodating unlike sa ibang dealers, maybe it's getting to their heads na dahil sa demand....really(?). :fire:
    Matagal na silang ganyan. Pinipilahan kasi

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    *Egan101 - I did checked that out and probably read up to page 42 yata, mostly are Subie fan ata so no negative marks, what I'm also interested in knowing sana ay yung cost of ownership in comparison sa Fort wala kasi yun sa discussion.
    subaru's pms is around 4-6k depending on what kind of oil you want to use. the only problem with subaru in the philippines are the very expensive parts, no idea why but in other countries subaru parts cost on par with other japanese brand.

anyway here's my opinion. if you don't need the extra seats and the ride height of the fortuner, then you'd be crazy to buy it over another car that is way way more comfortable and out performs it in all aspects. no offense to fortuner owners but fortuner has a very cramped interior plus the legroom sucks. both cars are very reliable though since subaru's most reliable and dependable cars are the forester and the outback. anyway go with the subaru it's a much much better overall car compared to the fortuner where it's only advantage over the forester is the extra seats and ride height, everything else the subaru is much better, the only disadvatage of the forester is the expensive parts and resale value.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    maglalabas na ng 2.5 na CX5 sir, mas maganda siguro talaga un Subie if pasok sa budget nyo, mukhang ok din un CX5 kunin nyo un 2.5 same tayo taga Pampanga, di ganun kalaki difference nun gas consumption ng kotse sa CUV kung sa atin lang dadaan mostly highway at NLEX, un Fortuner kasi dami talaga nagsasabing matatag un ride tapos pahirapan pa pumila pagkuha, if may budget ka naman i would buy na un total package, comfort saka un power saka mas bago un Forester saka CX5 budget mo nalang magkakatalo yan 2

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thank you all sa mga input and insights, am glad I joined this site very helpful talaga, TRULY KABABAYAN!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    *Kevz321, i posted something in the subaru forum about maintenance, mine is an impreza 2.0. Same engine with the forester. Most likely, same cost of pms. Check it out.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys, interesting tread we you are having here. Actually like Kevz, I am choosing between the 3 models... What specific model of Subbie and Mazda are you looking at kezs? Since constraint ako sa budget, I am choosing between Fort, Subie 2.0iL and mazda 2.0 a/t.

Having Tried both cars for test drive, since very competitive yun dalawa... Mukhang mas maraming internal features ang Mazda like push start engine etc etc... but mukhang mas maganda yun subaru with the AWD at the 2.0iL...

Ill monitor this tread na rin to help me decide.... Thanks kevz for starting the tread...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alvingawhung View Post
    Hi guys, interesting tread we you are having here. Actually like Kevz, I am choosing between the 3 models... What specific model of Subbie and Mazda are you looking at kezs? Since constraint ako sa budget, I am choosing between Fort, Subie 2.0iL and mazda 2.0 a/t.

Having Tried both cars for test drive, since very competitive yun dalawa... Mukhang mas maraming internal features ang Mazda like push start engine etc etc... but mukhang mas maganda yun subaru with the AWD at the 2.0iL...

Ill monitor this tread na rin to help me decide.... Thanks kevz for starting the tread...
    *Alvin, na-test drive ko na rin yung Fort, speaking of reliability and pagka-brusko nito sa Fort ako, however pagdating sa comfort ng ride although sabi nila binago na yung suspension, I actually sat sa likod para ma-feel pero matagtag pa rin. Yun naman Mazda CX5 na-test drive ko na rin, first impression ko is "WOW" ***y n fun to drive sya, sa speed naman ok na rin sa akin dahil di naman mabigat paa ko sa pedal, yun sa interior almost European na ang dating & marami syang features na wala sa iba for almost the same price. Main concern ko sa Mazda is reliability dahil sa new technology (Skyactiv) it's a big investment so I want to make sure. I will test drive the Subie Forester this week and let you know, ang nagustuhan ko sa Subie ay yung reliability rin and many safety features nito 6 or 7 airbags yata (2 lang un Fort, 6 yung CX5) plus AWD standard. Concern ko sa Subie is the after sales maintenance nito & if kaya ng tagalabas i-maintain after 4 years, sabi ng SA di naman mahirap yung mga parts pero I forgot to ask yung presyo in comparison sa ibang brand. Pero mahal yata...hehe.I have received na rin yung pre-approved check ko sa bank, so all I have to do is hand it over whichever mapili ko sa tatlo, hopefully makatulong yon sa negotiation otherwise (panakot) biglang tayo if pipigilan at papayag sa deal...haha.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    *Kevz321, i posted something in the subaru forum about maintenance, mine is an impreza 2.0. Same engine with the forester. Most likely, same cost of pms. Check it out.
    *Istan....with your experience as a Subie owner, satisfied ka ba or would settle for other brand....reliability and maintenance wise? Thanks sa tread mo sa pms cost, nabasa ko na kaya ko tinatanong ito.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Satisfied naman. Use until die tong subbie ko. Hahaha!
    Cx5 is kinda smallish. Forester is bigger. Kung ako pipili, forester. Fortuner kasi, common, and bare. Although, u can't beat diesel FC and power. Talo ka lng sa oil changes and maintainance. Every 5k change oil kasi diesel, so parang quits lng.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast