New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys, need your final advice between the two...what would you suggest?
    Decided na ako sa Accent before, kaya lang nung nabasa ko yung sa engine knock issues, I'm thinking of getting the I10. Or should I wait a bit more untill may mag confirm siguro mismo from Hyundai na walang engine issues ang Accent?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For one, hindi mo ma coconfirm mismo from Hyundai na walang engine issues ang Accent. Napakahirap yan kasi negative PR to acknowledge na meron in the first place.

Second, not considering the Vios/City/Jazz/Fiesta etc? Parang hindi kasi same level yung i10 saka yung Accent. Baka inayaw mo na mga 'toh dati, but if nagdududa ka sa Accent, and kelangan mo na ng kotse, baka gusto mong i-consider ulet?

Kelangan ba Hyundai? :o

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Forget the i10. LOL. If you won't consider other alternatives ( like what MDA mentioned ), mag-Accent ka na.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sorry, I'm on the Accent on this one. I highly doubt Hyundai would claim mistake on the Accent's engine knocks. Some people doesn't have the said knocking problem. Since it does not appear to degrade performance (nor has anybody died from it *cough* Toyota *cough* LOL!) I'd say the problem's minor.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Go for the accent.. Dami problema sa i10 lalo na yung rattling sound na hanggang ngayon naeencounter pati sa new i10's..

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    go for the accent. why? it's the latest release by hyundai.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    go for the accent. why? it's the latest release by hyundai.
    Lumabas na yung Elantra brader.
    _____

Pick the Accent 1.4GL A/T.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ayaw mo ng baby sonata?

kaya si sisCharriol Kid, nagtampo sa Sonata nya...nyahahaha...jk.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As seen in the Engine Knock thread, the sound goes away if you use the right gasoline (Shell Unleaded). Seriously... you're going to use something that your car doesn't like just to save a few cents per liter? Doesn't make sense.

The engine, seriously, is designed for 95, but runs on 93. So why not just use 93 instead of taking your chances on dog's piss? Some people just don't want to accept the fact that not all gasolines are the same... and now that they're using ethanol to boost octane, it's even worse.

I don't consider the engine knock a problem. Clunks in the suspension, no big deal... Honda has it, Ford and Mazda have it... Toyota... not so much. It's just a sign the suspension stiffness is a bit much for the rubber mounts... haven't known a first-gen Jazz (notorious for clunking rubber mounts) to have suspension faillure, yet, and it's been several years since they came out.

Clunks in the engine mounts, an issue, maybe, but I suggest you test drive the actual unit you're buying before you buy, just to make sure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    accent nalang sir. i10 would be downgrading its engine to 1.1L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need your Final advice: Hyundai Accent GLS 1.4AT or Hyundai I10 1.2GLS AT