New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Will be back in Manila in 2 months and need to get a car for office use and family use (of 5) on weekends. Probably long drive too. My plan started on Honda CRV 2011, CX-5, Sportage but after kong magbasa sa tsikot.com nagkagulo-gulo na Now, it expanded to Subaru Forester, Innova and Montero. I preferred A/T and diesel. So really need your advice. Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rovic815 View Post
    Will be back in Manila in 2 months and need to get a car for office use and family use (of 5) on weekends. Probably long drive too. My plan started on Honda CRV 2011, CX-5, Sportage but after kong magbasa sa tsikot.com nagkagulo-gulo na Now, it expanded to Subaru Forester, Innova and Montero. I preferred A/T and diesel. So really need your advice. Thanks a lot!
    for those without brains, the choice is a low-mileage diesel innova.
    errr... that's what "no-brainer" means... right?
    heh heh.

seriously, i feel my choice offers the least potential headache for the used unit, and still easily stay on budget.
    but it is an ugly duckling, if that is an issue to the buyer.

my one peso's worth.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 19th, 2017 at 09:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for those without brains, the choice is a low-mileage diesel innova.
    errr... that's what "no-brainer" means... right?
    heh heh.

seriously, i feel my choice offers the least potential headache for the used unit, and still easily stay on budget.
    but it is an ugly duckling, if that is an issue to the buyer.

my one peso's worth.
    I agree. Feels like it gives the least of headache and gets the most out of his money.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thank you. Keep coming please 😊 No-brainer na lang sir mas maganda pakinggan hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For 600-700k you can already get the 2010-2012 Gen 2.5 Santa Fe with the 197ps R eVGT engine. Very nice car. Puts a smile on your face every time you put down the throttle. Don't have to worry about consumption too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Curious lang, keep hearing Innova is ugly. Any specific gen/year for this tag?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Looks are subjective. But let sales speak for Innova.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    none of the previous models since 2005, will win any beauty contest, in my opinion. but my experience with it is still so pleasurable, i am willing to overlook its physical attributes... something like the VW beetle of olde.
    the new, slinky-eyed model...? it hasn't grown on me, yet.

but yes, beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. but tastes change.
    for example, the ford edsel was horribly lambasted back then. some said its front chrome looked like a toilet. today, it is considered a cult car.
    the pontiac aztek... it's still... ugly... to me. parang "designed by a committee".

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thanks all for the feedback. more recommendation please ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    With your budget, I'd for either:

A. Fortuner
    B. Montero sport
    C. Innova

I'm leaning towards Toyota / Mitsubishi since these aren't new cars and you might be keeping them for 3-5 years in which case, you'd want maintenance to be as painless as possible which for me leads to these two brands.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast