New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    need help guys

my mom and dad are having hardtime to decide which will they get for this three hope to hear comments from existing owners and car nuts in terms of reliability, value for money, comfort, PMS cost, fuel efficiency

their budget is below 900k and mas importante sa kanila ang reliability and comfort dahil sa tingin ko this will be their retirement car together with their '02 patrol. gusto lang nila ng kotseng madaling i drive and let the patrol do the dirty job and i think space will not be a issue kasi maybe 90% 2-3 passengers lang ang nakasakay kaya lang may nasamang MPV dahil nissan fan sila though sabi rin sa ibang reviews ay madali at comfortable din dalhin ang GL.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    retirement car.. that means, resale value is not an issue...
    the altis has the reputation for reliability..
    the livina has been getting good reviews..
    the elantra is the dark horse that's big on initial reviews but still trying to build a reputation...
    my personal choice would be the livina..
    but test drive each, first. driving feel is still a personal choice. i still remember i threw away the runaway bestseller once, because i didn't feel good in the driving position.
    my 45 centavos' worth..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Bring your parents to visit the showroom first and let them get the feel of each car. It's them who are going to buy after all.

The Elantra is the newest kid on the block. It looks great, performs great, and is fuel efficient too. It's a youthful car, though I don't know if your parents would appreciate this kind of design. The Altis is the safest choice. It's a very good package altogether. But then, there's nothing special about it either. The Livina is the most practical choice due to the added seating capacity and cargo space. On paper specs say it's not very powerful but in real life, this is actually one fast car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, since you already have the Patrol for pang harabas use an as MPV, they may appreaciate having a sedan more. In terms of comfort, there's no going wrong with the Altis with it's soft suspension and good insulation plus keep it for 10-15 years and maintain it well, it will still look clean. Personally, i always find the designs of Toyota to age well due to their being conservative as compared to the the likes of Honda and Hyundai who usually have more radical designs which suddenly look old after the next generation model has been released (this is just my opinion).

I'd get the Livina if it was more for a multi-purpose use.

At the end, test drive/ride.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd go for the Altis G for your parents. Comfortable, easy to drive, fuel efficient, looks elegant too.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    The grand livina offers versatility in terms of cargo space. I have loaded mine with a bike, sofa, cabinets etc. It's also very easy to drive kasi nga maliit lang ang profile.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    To add with your parents budget i suggest they take the a/t model it comes with airbags, abs, ebd and brake assist.

need help..grandlivina M/T or Altis G M/T or Elantra M/T