New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The RAV is much like a high-rider Camry. It has a car-based chassis, as always, as well as similar powertrain. It's only classified as an SUV because of its body shape, well in fact it's just a tall wagon with 4WD. The only reason why I'd buy this is because it's utterly cute and slightly more economical than the gasoline Fortuner. Other than that, the still 4-speed automatic doesn't cut it, a notch below the CR-V that has 5 gears already (and soon to be replaced as well).

The Fortuner is indeed a steal, even with the (ewww) VAT increase. You get an SUV more handsome yet much cheaper than the others, useful space for 7, and off-road ability when needed. The 3.0 4X4 is the best buy.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RAV4=car
    Fortuner=truck

Take your pick

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fortuners are being built with engineering borrowed from the 80's. I mean come on... A Fortuner is simply a bloated Toyota Innova that has overgrown wheels, slightly bigger body and higher center of gravity. The ride is not specially comfortable, but not sporty as well. Infact, given the same engine and transmission between a Fortuner and Innova, the latter will win on a speed test. It isn't especially practical and frugal on fuel as well. The diesel engine could save you a lot, but it is currently being pestered by alleged D4-D problems. Some even say the 2.5L diesel engine is slow. The 2.7L VVT-i engine said "lethargic", I guess the 3.0L D4-D will be slower given they will speed up to their peak power.

The only thing people admire about the Fortuner is the look (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, looks won't matter much really). People buy it because there's no other else to look for at the given price. Annoyingly, it is a bargain until Toyota dealerships started pumping up the prices. And the best of all, it's a Toyota.

Although the all-new RAV4 isn't really a looker, but that car makes more sense. It has power, handling, it's got the quality. You could still make your own reasons where your money has gone wisely (because you'll still feel shortchanged given the price Toyota is willing to sell to you).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I'll go for RAV 4, its sporty

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i drop by toyota tarlac yesterday, ok pala inside rav4 06, maluwag yup para ngang camry inside, usually i extend the driver seat hanggang dulo masikip na sa 2nd row but with 06, luwag pa=), laki din space sa likod, i had a chance to see inside fortuner, para sa akin given a choice rav4 pa din ako,though pricey, i asked why it cost so much more than fortuner, sabi nun taga toyota, fortuner is from thailand, rav4 from japan, mas ok na yun rav4=)

do we really need 4x4? yun rav4 ko now 4x4, kung sakali kukuhan ako baka 4x2 nalang, what's the big difference?
    Last edited by cutedoc; February 22nd, 2006 at 01:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Rav4 - speed and comfort
    Fortuner - maporma lang

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc
    i drop by toyota tarlac yesterday, ok pala inside rav4 06, maluwag yup para ngang camry inside, usually i extend the driver seat hanggang dulo masikip na sa 2nd row but with 06, luwag pa=), laki din space sa likod, i had a chance to see inside fortuner, para sa akin given a choice rav4 pa din ako,though pricey, i asked why it cost so much more than fortuner, sabi nun taga toyota, fortuner is from thailand, rav4 from japan, mas ok na yun rav4=)

do we really need 4x4? yun rav4 ko now 4x4, kung sakali kukuhan ako baka 4x2 nalang, what the big difference?
    None really except for the big discrepancy in the price bet. a 4x2 and a 4x4. With the 4x4, you get the driver and passenger seat heater (really?! To heat what?); Overfender, leather seats, Curtain air bag, and the AWD system, that's about it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Personally, I like the new RAV4 much more than the Fortuner cuz it looks nicer, sized just right, better interiors, and pretty much everything else except that it only has 5 seats vs Fortuner's 7.

However, for 1.8M, I feel Toyota should have also included 2 more seats, sunroof, & Xenon lights OR the V6 engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if you dont mind spending gs,get the rav4.

for a change.dami na fortuner kasi

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I find the RAV4 as way overpriced. Bang-for-buck, Fortuner pa rin ako.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
need help! fortuner or rav 4?