New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi Guys,

newbie question here. I've been contemplating on buying either a 2nd hand 1.3 or 1.5 honda jazz A/T GD body (1st gen). Dont really know the differences of the two other than the engines and how much they're being sold. Is there a big difference in terms of performance? Bitin ba talaga ang 1.3 na jazz as some people have told me, same interior and features as the 1.5 variant? mas malakas daw sa gas ang 1.3 given the same load (5 passengers in the car) etc.

Hope you can share some insights with my questions.

Thanks alot!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bitingdave View Post
    Hi Guys,

newbie question here. I've been contemplating on buying either a 2nd hand 1.3 or 1.5 honda jazz A/T GD body (1st gen). Dont really know the differences of the two other than the engines and how much they're being sold. Is there a big difference in terms of performance? Bitin ba talaga ang 1.3 na jazz as some people have told me, same interior and features as the 1.5 variant? mas malakas daw sa gas ang 1.3 given the same load (5 passengers in the car) etc.

Hope you can share some insights with my questions.

Thanks alot!
    1.5 VTEC engine mas matulin at di masyado malakas FC. Mahal daw maintenance ng 1.3 i-DSI kasi 8 spark plugs.
    Wala na rin siguro difference in price kasi nga 2nd hand na at least naka-top of the line Jazz ka.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    i bought a 2005 1.5 A/T na. Sobrang sulit!! thanks for the advice!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No problem. Goodluck sa car mo. Ang saya ng ride mo, pwedeng matulin and matipid at the same time. Also, GD Jazz is very easy to customize. Congrats.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    1.5 VTEC engine mas matulin at di masyado malakas FC. Mahal daw maintenance ng 1.3 i-DSI kasi 8 spark plugs.
    Wala na rin siguro difference in price kasi nga 2nd hand na at least naka-top of the line Jazz ka.
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    No problem. Goodluck sa car mo. Ang saya ng ride mo, pwedeng matulin and matipid at the same time. Also, GD Jazz is very easy to customize. Congrats.
    Ano po common problem ng honda jazz 1.3i dsi 2004 model? Im planning to buy my friends car so ineed some advice salamat po

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver lee View Post
    Ano po common problem ng honda jazz 1.3i dsi 2004 model? Im planning to buy my friends car so ineed some advice salamat po
    if its an A/T CVT 1.3 jazz GD , better check the CVT fluid and transmission, its the most common problem with the A/T CVT jazz GD. make sure the transmission fluid used is the recommended Honda CVT fluid.

Also check the suspension.

You can have the jazz brought in a Honda casa for a full check up to see if there are pending problems yung jazz niya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    if its an A/T CVT 1.3 jazz GD , better check the CVT fluid and transmission, its the most common problem with the A/T CVT jazz GD. make sure the transmission fluid used is the recommended Honda CVT fluid.

Also check the suspension.

You can have the jazz brought in a Honda casa for a full check up to see if there are pending problems yung jazz niya.
    sir tanong lang po ano pong problem sa fit 1.3 i-dsi 2010 model ? worth it ba syang bilhin ?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jedszky View Post
    sir tanong lang po ano pong problem sa fit 1.3 i-dsi 2010 model ? worth it ba syang bilhin ?
    personally, i would avoid used cars imported from somewhere.
    1. conversion issues. yes, there are good and there are bad, conversions.
    2. i don't know the driving conditions and previous owners' cultural car-care habits, in that country.
    3. car might have been configured for that country, and not necessarily ours. for example, headlight beams.

but some folks claim good experience with their purchases.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    I am planning to buy a Honda Jazz 1.3 Automatic from a family friend. Ano po mga dapat na check before I decide to buy it. And ano po yun mga common issues ng model na ito. 130000 na un mileage pla. Although it's casa maintained. Any Jazz users here, I would I appreciate your thoughts? Thanks.

Sent from my CPH1853 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Watanice08 View Post
    I am planning to buy a Honda Jazz 1.3 Automatic from a family friend. Ano po mga dapat na check before I decide to buy it. And ano po yun mga common issues ng model na ito. 130000 na un mileage pla. Although it's casa maintained. Any Jazz users here, I would I appreciate your thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry it's a 2009 model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast