New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    This will be my first car. My budget is 400k (max) and is looking at bank financing.

I do not know what category they fall in, but I have my eye on cars that are this size:
    Escape and Xtrail

I need such car, because of its size. I want a car that is not too big because it will be used by myself more than half the time, so I really find the likes of Innova, etc too big for my purpose. BUT I also need a car that has a space at the back because I have big dogs (Siberian Huskies), and I want them inside their travelling crate inside the car. So no to Pick Ups and no to Sedans. My first pick was the Jazz but realize it sells ridiculously steep as a second hand car. Swerte ang 1st owner, but not the 2nd who will pay so much because of this car's great resale value. I also saw the likes of sportage, vitara,

I am not really keen on any color, or variant, my priority is that the car is in great condition despite the age (hoping 7 years old max).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about CRV? My brother used to bring his golden retriever around with his CRV.

(Or buy a Montero Sport or Fortuner?)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 15th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about CRV? My brother used to bring his golden retriever around with his CRV.

(Or buy a Montero Sport or Fortuner?)
    id love to have a CRV, but I notice it is more expensive than say the xtrail or escape. but if the price is the same, Id choose the CRV in a heartbeat. at 400k, how old of a CRV can I get.

not into the montero sport and fortuner, i find them too big for my needs.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Performance- Xtrail makakatsamba ka 2005 model sir although 200 and 200x 4WDmodel, if yung top of the line which is the 250x 4WD expect much older 2003 or 2004

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    Performance- Xtrail makakatsamba ka 2005 model sir although 200 and 200x 4WDmodel, if yung top of the line which is the 250x 4WD expect much older 2003 or 2004

anu ba difference nung mga models na yan? saka lahat ba ng xtrail 4wd? if i understand it correctly, mas magastos sa gas pag ganyan diba? Id be fine with a 4X2.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see you're looking into the compact crossover class. Actually, the Innova is of similar dimensions as these cars. It just utilized the real estate to accommodate more interior space with a hood that is about half the size of a crossover's. Though at 400k the D4D's are still slightly out of the budget and the VVTi's aren't worth getting.

The X-Trail is nice, though I don't really like the way it looks both inside and out. 2.5L engine though powerful, is a guzzler. 2.0L is better but may lack punch depending on how heavy your foot is. A standout feature in the X-Trail which may be useful for you is the hard plastic rear cargo area. Much easier to clean if you're bringing dogs on a regular basis. Though if you're bringing two and in crates, you'd probably have to fold down the 2nd row seats.

You can get a slightly newer Escape as compared to an X-Trail. My family is a big fan of this car, in fact we've had a 2.0XLT, a 2.3XLS and currently a 2.3L Mazda Tribute (rebadged Escape). Performance is not blisteringly fast but good enough. Handling is nice, ride is comfortable and its got very solid underpinnings that are capable of taking lots of abuse. That said, I am positive that you will only be able to fit one crate at the back with the rear seats down.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    ung 200x and 250x sir un ang 4wd, may option ka to use "auto mode" and 2wd nya, or un full time na lock na 4wd...sa model na 200 2wd nalang saka much maliit un engine displacement vs sa 250x, regarding sa consumption depende na sa driving un sir, i dont think nagkakalayo figures nyan sa mga CUV na available, enough na siguro sa nyo un 200 fit na un sa specs na hanap nyo saka mas bago makikita nyo for sale, 2004-2006 kung makatsamba pa for sale and high torque ang QRDE engine sa panahon na yan... if more on highway driving ka ill suggest sir un 250x instant power agad pero if more on city driving ok na 200

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    i think im begging off of the xtrail.. im now looking into HATCHBACK cars within the 400k range (below or above) that are not atleast 2008 models.

im considering the actual expenses of using the car (efficiency, maintenance)

let me just share that it is quite crazy monitoring the prices of 2nd hand cars. for one, cars like the Honda Jazz 2007 still costs at 400k, while at that price you can get something bigger or something a lot newer....

this makes choosing quite harder..

im thinking of getting a bnew mirage (498K) and that is my max budget. im also considering cars like the getz as i hear they are so cheap to run. i have seen this cars in person and find their size adequate for what I need. I admit, i dont find it so good looking because of that horizontal rubber lines at the sides. so in any case, i like a bLack getz perhaps?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hatchback that will fit your dogs? That's a bit hard. Sure, the Jazz will fit them all, but you'd have to fold up the rear seats. Never mind the other, even smaller hatches.

Ever considered the Revo/Adventure/Crosswind group? Low maintenance, fuel efficient, tough as nails, lots of space, high ground clearance... I use the Revo whenever the need to transport our Golden Retriever arises. Does the job extremely well. Rear quarter windows mean the dog smell is minimized and dual aircon helps a lot in air circulation and cooling at the 3rd row where the dog's at. If you're bringing crates, no need to fold the 2nd row even (depending on crate size, of course). I never use crates. I just fold down the side facing benches at the 3rd row so the dog doesn't roll around. He oftentimes even sits on the seats!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mahirap ata i-fit un mga dogs sa Getz or Mirage sir best bet talaga if kasama sa concern nyo mababa maintenance is un Revo un na un closest sa requirements nyo; dogs, size and efficient, if fail pa din un Revo sa inyo sir siguro kailangan mag-sacrifice kayo ng isa sa requirements nyo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast