New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sup guys, I'm about to buy my first car in three months. I've been using my mom's 1.3L Honda City (fun car btw ), but now that I'll have the money for my own car soon I think I should get one kasi she uses it more often eh. Tsaka natatamad minsan ako mag-commute pauwi!

I have a few basic requirements:
    RWD
    Manual (I don't mind having it kahit sa trafic)
    Easy maintenance/repair and modification (cheap too! )
    4-door sedan

I don't care if it's gas or diesel, EFI or carb. It's gonna be my daily car, but in the future I want to modify it a bit. I was talking with some of my friends a few days ago. One of them recommended the 300D, specifically a W123 model. Another recommended the A31 Cefiro.

As of now, I'm sorta leaning towards the 300D. Both have their pros and cons naman... 300D's are very reliable and more comfortable for daily use. But I heard you have to change oil often raw. A31's are pretty easy to find parts for, but the parts are expensive.

If you didn't read the above... 300D or A31? Also if you have other suggestions okay rin, basta na-meet requirements ko.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    If I may ask sir? Why RWD? Hehe. Also, mostly kasi ng mga 4 door sedans either FWD or All-wheel drive, depende kung gano kalaki syempre.

Also what do you prefer more po ba? Compacts? Sub-compacts?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    If I may ask sir? Why RWD? Hehe. Also, mostly kasi ng mga 4 door sedans either FWD or All-wheel drive, depende kung gano kalaki syempre.

Also what do you prefer more po ba? Compacts? Sub-compacts?
    I want an older car eh, and usually they're RWD. I don't know why, I just do... I don't have anything against FWD's or AWD's naman, pero mas gusto ko lang yung lumang auto na RWD.

As for size, I want something bigger than a Corolla but smaller than an S-Class, so mid-size like a Cressida would be alright na. I'm pretty big (I blame McDo ), and I like roomy cars, but I usually squeeze through traffic so a full-size car won't do.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    If I may ask sir? Why RWD? Hehe.
    maybe TS wants to drift.

*TS

post 90's cars(sedan) are more of fwd. if you want older cars that are rwd, they are rare and expensive to maintain nowadays except for the Lancer boxtype, i think its rwd. but a bit small for your requirements.

and i think, it wont be easy finding the car that you wanted.

anyways, goodluck on your search.

anu-anu na nga ba ang mga RWD cars na post 90? di ko na ata inabutan tong mga to.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    anu-anu na nga ba ang mga RWD cars na post 90? di ko na ata inabutan tong mga to.
    Most post '90s RWD sedans are out of my reach except for the A31 Cefiro.

maybe TS wants to drift.
    In the future , pero not now kasi magiging daily car ko eh.

post 90's cars(sedan) are more of fwd. if you want older cars that are rwd, they are rare and expensive to maintain nowadays except for the Lancer boxtype, i think its rwd. but a bit small for your requirements.
    What I meant by "easy to maintain" was "easier to maintain than other old cars."

Pwede ba Corona na luma? Sa isip ko OK naman yung size, pero madali (at mura ) ba yung maintenance?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Most RWD these days are sports cars... Genesis Coupe comes into mind... Most commuter cars are now FWD kasi mas practical...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BMW E34 525i, E39 523i, E46 320i, 325i

Most japanese cars are FWD. Ok lang naman ang FWD save for the understeer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    BMW E34 525i, E39 523i, E46 320i, 325i

Most japanese cars are FWD. Ok lang naman ang FWD save for the understeer.
    Okay na sana yung BMW, pero it's harder to find parts for them when something breaks compared to 300D. But I'll think about BMW rin. It's three months away pa naman, baka my budget will be bigger by then or prices changed na.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Subic Silvias, ayaw mo ?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Subic Silvias, ayaw mo ?
    Takot kasi ako sa mga LHD-converted eh. Tsaka kailangan 4-door.

The Cefiro's pretty close to a 4-door S13 anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need help choosing first car. (RWD, etc)