New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dennison View Post
    My family is growing and we need a bigger ride. Order of priority is as follows:

1. Room - from what I've seen, crossovers and AUV/SUV should be ok for our needs. Reclining chairs so we can fit a bigger cargo from time to time is a plus.

2. Value for money - favor features like good ac / ventilation, better quality parts, better interiors, and features and lower maintenance cost over cosmetics.

3. Maintenance and serviceability - drive and forget, I don't have time to maintain it apart from annual maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    innova. diesel. MT or AT. and as there are kids, it should have power locks and windows.
    i have innova.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    If your budget can afford, get a Grand Starex.
    Last week came from Antique via Caticlan port. Nag roro kami 4 kmi na passenger will a lot of pasalubong from province. Enjoy na enjoy byahe kahit puno kami ng cargo

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just saw the new hi ace in the showroom.
    may nguso na.
    if TS chooses this, he will have seats to spare, for a few more passengers...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 10th, 2019 at 08:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    If your budget can afford, get a Grand Starex.
    Last week came from Antique via Caticlan port. Nag roro kami 4 kmi na passenger will a lot of pasalubong from province. Enjoy na enjoy byahe kahit puno kami ng cargo

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    In laws had a Starex, agree it's very roomy and comfortable but too big for us.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    1. Lack of power, a 1.5 NA gas engine is woefully slow.
    2. Comfort, they made them too high, good ground clearance but you sacrifice on the ride quality.
    Also, it feels cramped for a 7 seater, when compared with an Innova.
    3. Long term reliability is not yet established. We don't know yet, until a few more years on the road.

I'm also in the market but might be opting for the new KIA Sportage if the SAs get their act together.

Good luck in your search. Let us know how it works out.
    Thanks for the input, what's NA?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    In laws had a Starex, agree it's very roomy and comfortable but too big for us.

Yup,- and so, the Innova- the current or the previous model- should be a good deal for a growing family....

I have both the Innova and GS bro,- very solid rides.... I have no complaints in terms of maintenance cost (am doing only regular PMS) and performance...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Thanks for the input, what's NA?

Naturally aspirated. No turbo.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Yup,- and so, the Innova- the current or the previous model- should be a good deal for a growing family....

I have both the Innova and GS bro,- very solid rides.... I have no complaints in terms of maintenance cost (am doing only regular PMS) and performance...
    Would you recommend gas or diesel and what engine size? What's the average gas consumption of the Innova?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Would you recommend gas or diesel and what engine size? What's the average gas consumption of the Innova?

I own a gasoline Innova bro (2L engine),- but I am recommending a diesel engine(2.5L engine),- kahit na iyong lumang model...

Automatic Transmission:
    My gasoline engine - 7Km/L City; my estimate 10Km/L Highway
    Diesel engine - about 9Km/L City; 12Km/L Highway - two of my siblings own the previous model

Even better fuel consumption on the new diesel Innova (2.8L engine) (Bro-Sarsi's video - like 140KPH at 2KRPM - just wow!)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I own a gasoline Innova bro (2L engine),- but I am recommending a diesel engine(2.5L engine),- kahit na iyong lumang model...

Automatic Transmission:
    My gasoline engine - 7Km/L City; my estimate 10Km/L Highway
    Diesel engine - about 9Km/L City; 12Km/L Highway - two of my siblings own the previous model

Even better fuel consumption on the new diesel Innova (2.8L engine) (Bro-Sarsi's video - like 140KPH at 2KRPM - just wow!)
    Wow that's quite powerful! Any other considerations for Diesel vs Gas like ride comfort, noise?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast