New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Ever considered the L300van (not the FB)? Mas roomier and have a diesel option...with plenty of cheap parts. Hindi naman super haba ang L300 compared to a vanette or liteace. Meron din newer model na L300 na mas cute ang itsura (parang model 2000 na yata un).
    I think you're talking about the L300 Exceed. It's a smaller version of the L300 Versa Van, with similar seating to the Mazda E2000 Power Van (2+3+3+2 jump seats). This has a 2-liter 16-valve carb gas engine. The Delica followed this one. It's just a longer version with 4 rows, extended bumper, and a 2.5-liter diesel engine. By the way, both of these are not Subic imports.

If you ask me, an L300 diesel should be a more practical buy. It has the torque when you need to carry a lot of persons and cargo, but returning respectable fuel figures compared to the Lite Ace and Vanette. The only problem I can see here is the column-mounted shifter.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    before i answer you query, i'll ask you first...

LOCAL or JDM import?

i'll give you my comparison on your choice.

//// LOCAL lang po!! ano bang pinag iba ng LOCAL at JDM???? thanks .

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    thanks a lot pren for your time in answering my query...
    hirap kasing pumili ng walang kaalam alam.. buti nalang may mga ganitong site this is very helpful sa mga tulad kong beginners... more power!!!

in terms of fuel consumption mas malakas ang vanette vs liteAce...tama po ba???? due to engine size... how bout the maintenance???

bat nga po ba madaling mag overheat ang vanette??? is there any problem with the engine or sa nagdadrive lang????

how about the resale value of this two vans? let say parehas na model...thanks again...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Of all the vans mentioned, the Vanette has the worst fuel economy by far. If you don't maintain it properly, you'll likely get a consumption of 6 km/l or worse in traffic.

Still, it's the most comfortable for front and first passenger row occupants.

The overheating of the Vanette was due to poor engine and radiator packaging. Plus, the older Vanettes have just one accessory fan. That's why a best buy would be the last Vanettes, the blue and silver Grand Saloons, as they already have a second accessory fan, and don't suffer any major quirks... or none that I know of... oh, except they're still guzzlers in traffic. :lol: But if you can live with that, they're very nice indeed.

The L300 Exceed has more space, and is decent for occupants even in the last row (compared to the cramped rear of the Vanette) and it returns relatively good mileage due to its diesel engine... but the handling and ride are atrocious... I have never felt safe driving one of these in the rain or in the hills of Tagaytay... plus interior appointments leave much to be desired. Oddly, I've felt the Exceed to be less stable and controllable than the regular L300, but that's just me.

I've never ridden the Power van, but I've ridden its big brother. My fastest speed ever in a van was around 170 km/h, racing my cousin in a Galant V6, driving a two ton Mazda van (the huge one) with a puny 1.8 liter gas engine. Power! But the interior of that one is nearly as bad as the L300.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    go for l300 versa van ka na lang, kahit 15 person kasya kayo, kayang kaya pang hatakin, matibay pa, mura ang parts, kahit saang auto supply me parts..

Quote Originally Posted by kools
    //// LOCAL lang po!! ano bang pinag iba ng LOCAL at JDM???? thanks .
    madami...and most common difference is the 1.5efi and 2c, 2c-t on the liteace, ld20 on the vanette...mine kasi is a JDM toyota liteace fxv 4wd and electronically-controlled 2c-t.

un nga, on my liteace, i find it smaller in over-all dimension than the vanette and my former delica.but surprisingly, the liteace has a more spacious feel in the back than my delica and a bit cramped elbow room in the front.

vanette sana kukunin ko kaso mahirap maghanap ng jdm na may panoramic roof,awd.pero halos pareho lang sila sa loob..sa local, makikita mo ung difference sa interior space, kasi unlike sa jdm, ang local ay fixed ang seating arrangement

on local choice, i will choose a well maintained last model vanette..so as on a jdm convert, i will still choose a vanette(largo)..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    We had the Grand Saloon Vanette, the two-tone Blue-Silver edition with stripes. Try to find one that still has the stripes, as this means they may not have had accident damage. The dual-zone AC is very good, the AC ventilated drinks cooler is a nice way to keep softdrink cans frosty. The first row in the back is swiveling captain's chairs... VERY NICE, while the other two rows are kind of cramped.

I don't know if the suspension is different from the old Vanette, but it was comfortable, at least.

Vinj is right, the second row is useless, take it out, and the Vanette will seat seven people very very comfortably.

Oh, the only problem is it's a terrible gas guzzler in traffic.
    Niky,

Grand Saloon ba un or Grand Coach, ung Grand Saloon ba ung 2000 (late models)?

Hanap ko kse ung 2000 models, research muna ako.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not entirely sure, but I think it's Grand Saloon. You'll be able to tell, usually two tone ang paint at may drinks cooler sa gitna ng front seats.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Vanette. after the overheating problems are cured its better than the Lite Ace which is underpowered. try getting the Grand Coach if ever, the one with Chrome grill instead of the glass grill of earlier models, AFAIK it also comes with leather, CD, alarm.
    plus with all power features and 2.0L engine. it should be a great family van.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Go for the Vanette. Aircon is a lot cooler; with 2 captain's chairs in the second row; more spacious, but overall size is only as big as a regular car; very very reliable (used mine for 15 hours straight, turning off the engine only for gas); cargo at the back is easy to load because the glass can be lifted independent of the body; less bumpy ride vs. the liteace; with cooler box, do not use it often though as it is a lot of drain from your battery; power door locks and windows; great headlights.
    Downsides - perceived 'overheating' only in traffic,- but easy to correct by changing the position of the condenser which is near the radiator and adding an additional auxilliary fan. Later models, I heard to not have this problem. Can be prevented by contant cleaning of the radiator-condenser area.
    Good only for 6Km per liter in city driving; long drive is about 7Km per liter. Hey,- you are driving a 2L gas engine with 7-10 people on board and should be expecting this, right? In fairness, my other brand new van can only churn out the same petrol consumption.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
need help!! which is better...toyota liteace vs. nissan vanette??