New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    need help !!! which is better... toyota liteace vs nissan vanette???? i'm planning to buy a van for my family... oto sana kaso maliit lalo na pag nag out of town lahat kasi ng gamit dala-dala. masyado naring malaki pag big vans kaya ideal na yong liteace or vannete the problem is no idea regarding those van especially in fuel consumption aspect and maintenance the pros and cons. I also need the price range of those cars (2nd hand lang po). Anyone can help me pls...thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    the liteace is a 8 seater van and has a 1.5 liter gas engine. vannette however has a 2.0 liter gas and is a 10 seater van. model years start for both from 1989 till 1998. prices maybe below the 300k mark. In features the vannette all had power feature (power locks, windows and steering) while the liteace only had this on its final years of productuion 1996-1998. The best models would be the newer once's

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    A friend had a Vanette. Ang problema nya ay over-heating pag na-traffic.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Lite Ace
    - very spacious for passengers and/or cargo
    - needs twice the power
    - bouncy ride
    - power steering only on the facelifted version (after GXL)

Vanette
    - power features
    - overheating problems

The Mazda E2000 Power Van might be another choice you could consider.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    liteace

before i answer you query, i'll ask you first...

LOCAL or JDM import?

i'll give you my comparison on your choice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    liteace

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    we had a vanette before.. i can only remember some cons eheheh

1. overheating
    2. cramped seating (3 rows kasi siya sa likod)
    3. bouncy rear (nakakasuka sa highway) i think sa newer models ok na..
    4. V8 like consumption
    5. overheating..did i just say it again?

i can remember my friends liteace bouncy ride in front

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the overheating problem is very common sa old engines ng vanette. Consider the addition of extra blower/fan on the radiator.

Ever considered the L300van (not the FB)? Mas roomier and have a diesel option...with plenty of cheap parts. Hindi naman super haba ang L300 compared to a vanette or liteace. Meron din newer model na L300 na mas cute ang itsura (parang model 2000 na yata un).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the two choices: Vanette (we owned both types of vans before)

- The overheating can be cured by adding an additional aux fan and relocating the condenser; and getting the radiator cleaned (wash the fins) along with the regular tune-up.
    - More power then the LiteAce (paakyat lang ng flyover sa Metro Manila with a full load and a/c hirap na )
    - More space then the LiteAce (when you remove the 2nd row seating)
    - Fuel consumption wouldnt be that much different from a LiteAce IMO, esp on long trips as the LiteAce is underpowered so you have to push the pedal more.
    - A/C is much better then the LiteAce.

The Liteace has a more compact body and parts will be also easily available and probably cheaper; Vanette parts are still available at auto supplies and Nissan shops too.

Regardless of what van you choose, both will be needing repairs most likely. Price range of both for a 1995-1997 model will be at 200-250K. What's your budget? Try also looking at an old school L300 diesel van... this would be more practical then the two Other options which i would consider are a the old Isuzu Highlander and Toyota Tamaraw FX or Revo (kung kaya ng budget)...
    Last edited by vinj; December 5th, 2005 at 10:08 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
need help!! which is better...toyota liteace vs. nissan vanette??