New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga bro,need help po nang isang friend balak bumili nang 2nd hand car, ok po ba ang astra or optra 97/98 any feedbacks or alin po mas ok sa dalawa saka price range po nila..salamat po

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I wouldn't suggest any of them. For the same price you can get a second hand E36 316i or early 90's E class if you want german engineering and build quality.
    Parts of the astra is expensive and some parts are hard to find or takes weeks to get one. Optra parts are also a bit more expensive compared to japanese counterparts.
    Get a honda civic or Toyota corolla instead.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks bro i rely ko kaagad sa friend ko

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    I wouldn't suggest any of them. For the same price you can get a second hand E36 316i or early 90's E class if you want german engineering and build quality.
    Parts of the astra is expensive and some parts are hard to find or takes weeks to get one. Optra parts are also a bit more expensive compared to japanese counterparts.
    Get a honda civic or Toyota corolla instead.

For SALE 2003 Chevrolet Optra LS A/T
    30tkm, casa maintined, black, upgraded ECU, very cheap text 09175247584
    okay rin payo mo...

kaya siguro hanggan ngayon eh hindi pa rin nabebenta iyun optra mo.

sayang pabili naman iyun tao... tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    okay rin payo mo...

kaya siguro hanggan ngayon eh hindi pa rin nabebenta iyun optra mo.

sayang pabili naman iyun tao... tsk tsk
    bakit may "tsk tsk"? Buti nga honest yung tao.

A bad guy would hide the problems just to sell.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    dito ba yan sa Pinas? WIK, wala pang Astra or Optra dito ng mga panahon na yan. the optra came out 2003 here in the Phils. Suzuki forenza yan sa US.
    while the Astra was sold here 99-04.

pero kung Astra vs. Optra locally, Astra ako with Irmscher bodykits. sweet. ;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Actually the Optra isn't really that bad. the only major probelm with my Optra is its horrible fuel economy. But i think the Optra is following the path of the Opel astra. I know some astra owners and a few of them are having nightmare right now because of parts availability and price. Even at GM casa! I know someone who bought a second hand astra for a cheap price everything was good for 3 years and then suddenly parts started to break and replacment ones are expensive and hard to find. He is now wishing he had stuck with japanese brands. In a few years the Optra might follow the same path of being good and reliable initially when purchased 2nd hand but in 2-3 years parts start to break and replacement is pricey.
    Last edited by ale828; January 23rd, 2007 at 08:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga bro salamat sa mga feedbacks..madami info talaga nakukuha sa mga replies nyo..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    eto lang masasabi ko, okay naman talaga OPTRA compara sa mga sasakyan gawa sa japan (btw. mga optra, toyota, honda na pinaparating dito eh iisang bansa lang pinagalingan niyan... sa THAILAND). Ako nagpapatunay personal na ginagamit ko iyun sasakyan araw araw, maliban doon pinakabitan ko pa ng LPG KIT para makatipid ako sa halaga ng gas... tungkol naman sa mga piyesa eh parepareho lang sila dahil may mitsubishi adventure ako at pinapaayos ko sa diamonds motors ganoon din kalaki at kamahal ang ginagastos ko... CASA kasi, malamang makamura kung sa talyer or sa tabi tabi lang ipaayos ang sasakyan... tungkol sa mga piyesa naman alam ko na iyun optra ay hindi tulad ng mga ibang sasakyan na gawang hapon, na marami nakakalat na surplus at nakaw na pyesa tinitinda sa banawe at araneta at dahil doon masasabi siya mura...

need help astra or optra 97/98