New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster101 View Post
    But so far sir. Hindi naman ba sirain? Worried kasi ako baka aabot sa 100k annually yung magastos sa car excluding gas. I'm leaning towards the forester based sa mga replies kasi or maybe get an Accord for peace of mind. I don't really mind the FC since minsan lang gamitin sa city. Mostly long drive naman.
    Nope, Di sirain. If choosing between a midsize car or a crossover for an alternate car, the crossover will be more practical. Either car type is good as a daily driver if you have the means to maintain it. The midsize car will have an edge on interior space and comfort but the crossover has a higher ground clearance and a bigger cargo space. In the case of performance, the FXT will outpace any midsize on a sprint except if you are looking at the Accord 3.5L V6 or the newer Mazda6 2.5 turbo.

My FXT is almost 4 years old now. The only thing I replaced that is not the usual consumable are the front lower arm bushings. I choose to use replacement bushings as they last as long as the original ones but they cost 4 times less. Brake pads and tires I have replaced also - these things are consumables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ri Crash View Post
    Pag related sa mechanical nasira, kulang ang 100k sa isang gawaan ng Subaru

Yung isang kilala ko nasira yung mechanical components impreza sti nya, umabot sa 300k ginastos.
    The WRX STi is not for the usual driver as it costs more to maintain. Yung pink STi oil filter costs almost 3x sa oil filter ng FXT. Even more so with brake pads, what more if it is the engine that’s broken?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster101 View Post
    But so far sir. Hindi naman ba sirain? Worried kasi ako baka aabot sa 100k annually yung magastos sa car excluding gas. I'm leaning towards the forester based sa mga replies kasi or maybe get an Accord for peace of mind. I don't really mind the FC since minsan lang gamitin sa city. Mostly long drive naman.
    2011 Fozzie owner here. So far, only changed suspension bushings and aircon evaporator.
    Depende parin sa pag alaga ng sasakyan yung pagiging sirain o hindi. As for parts, there are shops that specializes in Subaru parts. Mahal talaga pag sa casa ka pupunta.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Ung mga accord na 2008 3.5 v6 below 500k
    Anu kaya Fc nito city and highway?
    Musta kaya maintenance nito?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgz View Post
    Expect around 5 km/L on city driving on usual traffic and maybe 9-10 km/L on the highway. That is one quick and fast car, not a boring car to drive. Both 8th gen (2008-2012) and 9th gen (2013-2018) have the 3.5L V6 option. Medyo problematic ata yung earlier 8th gen models with VCM (variable cylinder management) but maintenance cost would be around the same as the 2.4L models which is good enough for the usual driver plus it is more fuel efficient.

If you want a quick and fast midsize car, you can look at the Subaru Legacy GT sedans or wagons (2009-2012). These cars are powered by the same 2.5L turbo engine of the WRX STi paired with a 5AT tranny. Only tuned at a lower output of 280hp but it is more than enough to satisfy a normal person’s need for speed. Maintenance might be more expensive than the Accord as the Legacy has an AWD system plus a turbocharger. Some Legacy GT owners tune their rides up to 400hp.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I was in your place, I'd be a good child and just borrow one of my parent's SUVs.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Expect around 5 km/L on city driving on usual traffic and maybe 9-10 km/L on the highway. That is one quick and fast car, not a boring car to drive. Both 8th gen (2008-2012) and 9th gen (2013-2018) have the 3.5L V6 option. Medyo problematic ata yung earlier 8th gen models with VCM (variable cylinder management) but maintenance cost would be around the same as the 2.4L models which is good enough for the usual driver plus it is more fuel efficient.

If you want a quick and fast midsize car, you can look at the Subaru Legacy GT sedans or wagons (2009-2012). These cars are powered by the same 2.5L turbo engine of the WRX STi paired with a 5AT tranny. Only tuned at a lower output of 280hp but it is more than enough to satisfy a normal person’s need for speed. Maintenance might be more expensive than the Accord as the Legacy has an AWD system plus a turbocharger. Some Legacy GT owners tune their rides up to 400hp.

Thanks sir egan
    Over 600k pa mga forester 13 up models

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks sir egan
    Over 600k pa mga forester 13 up models
    About two months ago, one member of SFX was selling his 2014 FXT for 590k. Rush sale yun.

You can get though a Legacy GT 2009-2012 between 400k to 500k.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Had one, City driving FC is 4-5 km/l, highway probably around 10 km/l.

Didn't compute it regularly as the car didn't have a trip computer with FC
    readout.

Maintenance wise, common problem for this is the hydraulic steering and
    VCM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Had one, City driving FC is 4-5 km/l, highway probably around 10 km/l.

Didn't compute it regularly as the car didn't have a trip computer with FC
    readout.

Maintenance wise, common problem for this is the hydraulic steering and
    VCM.
    Yung 8th gen Accord still has the hydraulic power steering and double wishbone front suspension. The 9th gen already has EPS and McPherson struts but it is lighter than the 8th gen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast