New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ok, so the fuel tank issue was solved by 2005, but heck, that particular Honda still sucks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Niky's right, you might not be able to get a 550k worth 2005 model for Altis, Civic it's a long shot din.

Between the two, get the Altis a/t it's great over-all. Civic's engine is good tho, but that's it. driven both cars.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    toyotas tend to have cheaper replacement parts, so if you plan to keep it for >5 years, sa altis ako

depende na rin kung ano kursunada mo...both brands are known for build quality naman e

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Altis since the current body will still be around for a few more years.

Unlike the ES which has already been replaced by the FD just this year.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    id go with the civic! i dont know why pero ang lakas talaga ng dating ng civic sakin!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    [QUOTE=mrpink;622166]i don't think applicable na yung free repair/replacement .. it was only offered for a specific period ..

ano b naging issue tungkol dun sa fuel tank ng civic. no idea kse.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But since the Civic has already been replaced, you could probably get good deals secondhand.

The 2.0, you can get for just 650k. Too bad it's a guzzler, but it's pretty fast.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    parang alanganin ang 05 altis for 500k or even 550k.
    wait kaya for the avanza? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Ok, so the fuel tank issue was solved by 2005, but heck, that particular Honda still sucks.
    Why? I have one and i'm very happy with it as a daily drive and solo/duo/trio outtatown car... The company i work for has two ES Civics which are driven to the ground and they're still running okay after over 130,000kms.

The fuel tank issue is quite minor IMO and your main concern is to check if the unit you have had been serviced/fixed by the CASA under the recall of Honda.

For me (since we have both an '01 ES Civic and '06 Altis in our Garage), space and driving feel goes to the Civic (at 6 feet, i can't even fit into my preferred driving position with the Altis as the drivers seat doesn't roll far back too much and my head hits the roof when seated at the rear)... better fuel efficiency and torque goes to the Altis (about 1km/l+ difference based on my observations... my 1.5L Civic gets the same city mileage as our 1.6L a/t Altis).

At 500K, you can look for an '03 model of these cars... just check out both units and go with what you feel fits you better in package, ownership history/maintainance history and pricing.

My two cents

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Korek-kek. Both good cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
need help 2005 civic 1.6 or altis 1.6 budget 500k