New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    dear all,

gud am and Happy new yr.
    i'm planning to buy my first car by next yr ( sometime in march or april ).
    i'm allocating max budget at 400T.

i'm looking for either Honda or Toyota model.
    can i have your opinion on what model / yr / type etc.. i can have w/ this budget ( best buy )....

thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Altis would be my better choice. You have lots to choose from with that budget. Happy shopping! =)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    pre advice ko lang toyota na para madali ang piyesa at mura lang

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    in my own opinion...il go for 2000 and up model honda vtec......

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I'm currently driving a Honda City Type Z, sulit talaga. NO problem No worries at all. If you like a decent transpo with no headache, Honda City tipid pa sa gas. 9 City, 12 Highway, 11 mix.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    brand new honda city 1.3A, peg around 600k, finance mo na lang ang kulang, walang sakit ng ulo, kasi bago.. matipid pa, around 12km/l

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    tnx po dun sa mga nag-reply....
    hope to have other's opinion po...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    toyota corolla altis J m/t i think nasa 400k range na to ngayon sobra sulit .... matipid pa sa gas mine averages about 10km/l power windows doors sidemirrors na etc etc easy to maintain and very reliable

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yeah go for toyota altis j variant. IMO very fuel efficient 1.6 engine available in the market. ayaw ko lang dito its interior and rear suspension medyo matagtag compare to other compact sedan like sentra and civic.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Altis J is a painless buy. The ride is a bit stiff, but it's not bad. The engine is very fuel efficient and reasonably powerful, with well-matched gears and a lightweight body to pull around. Lots of space, too.

But it's not that exciting to drive. The previous Civic VTi and VTi-S are both nice cars, albeit with a few known trim and quality problems (thankfully, none mechanical), and they're also not as exciting to drive as older Civics (though better than the Corolla, in some respects) but they have very very good engines.

It's up to you to define your priorities, though if you want a bit more driving excitement, the Civic SiR (great speed) and Ford Lynx (good handling... great handling in the case of the RS, but it starts around 450k) are also within your budget.

Of course, the Corolla is still the most practical... but, like the Honda City Type Z, you're paying way too much extra secondhand for less amenities.
    Last edited by niky; January 5th, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need expert opinion / advice