Dec 2007
    hello!

i need your help guys.

I'm looking at a
    second hand 2005 Peugeot 206cc 12k km. or
    Bnew 2009 Honda Jazz
    Bnew Limited Edition Vios
    Bnew Toyota Yaris

Ang gusto ko sana ay sporty style gaya ng Peugeot, or basta 2-door kaso, sabi ng dad ko eh mahirap sa piyesa.. etc etc... kaya daw mag bnew nalang...

I need sana eh yung maliit lang since I'm a new driver..

Any suggestions?
    Salamat po.

Any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    jazz matic kung kaya nman ng budget. pde din i10 matic. maliit madali i park. mura pa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 206cc is terribly cramped, relatively slow, despite the decent engine size and yes, maintenance will be problematic, since there's not much in the way of service support here... meaning that you'll have to order ahead for parts and be prepared to wait for things to be shipped if things break.

If you want something small, sporty and relatively uncommon (but not impossible to own), try a Swift. The rear seat is small, but the front seats are nice and comfortable, and the styling is unique.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by laeloren View Post
    hello!
    I'm looking at a
    second hand 2005 Peugeot 206cc 12k km. or
    Bnew 2009 Honda Jazz
    Bnew Limited Edition Vios
    Bnew Toyota Yaris

Ang gusto ko sana ay sporty style gaya ng Peugeot, or basta 2-door kaso, sabi ng dad ko eh mahirap sa piyesa.. etc etc... kaya daw mag bnew nalang...

I need sana eh yung maliit lang since I'm a new driver..
    2005 Peugeot 206:
    Its a so-so car. Good external styling but it will be a maintenance headache since all the parts will be expensive and only available from the "casa". And any spare parts would require a waiting time since it would be on a "on-order" basis from abroad. This might be fine 2nd car but as your primary transport, better look elsewhere.

Bnew 2009 Honda Jazz
    Pricey since it's about the same price as a new Corolla. This car seems on it's way to be a big hit in the new car buyers market (even with it's high price tag). Exterior still looks sporty. Interior is much changed and improved against the older Jazz, especially with the rear seats that is more comfortable and folds fully flat (previous model didn't fold fully flat). Leg room for both front and rear seats are spacious. There are cup-holders galore inside as well. The new car itself is actually a few inches longer & heavier. The CVT tranny was said NOT to be available which would mean it would give less fuel mileage than the older Jazz.

Bnew Toyota Yaris
    A bit more expensive than the regular Vios and available only in 1.5L A/T & M/T variants. I like the styling and its roomy enough for four large people inside. Only downside is the general lack of trunk space but that can be adjusted by folding down the rear seats for fit in large sized cargo or the family dog.

Bnew Limited Edition Vios:
    As compared to the "regular" Vios, it's all body kits, etc. No mechanical difference. You can save a lot of money simply by getting the regular Vios model and make that look cool by installing a good set of big alloy wheels. (Note: big alloy wheels can reduce a car's fuel mileage because of the grip of the wider tires.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll recommend the Yaris 1.5L M/T, very spacious for your passengers... lots of cubby holes, looks cute, etc. Looks really nice in red for a lady...

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=13

Though if you're getting a A/T, don't go for a Toyota... their A/T is slow & sluggish.

The new Jazz looks ok too though.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since you're a new driver, no matter what you do, you're highly likely to crash.

For now, get a 2nd hand crash car (such as a Civic 2000s EK or newer model). After a year or two, get brand new.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i go for yaris because of its stylish and mas bagay sa lady driver.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yaris or Jazz is my pick. But leaning towards the Jazz since mas may utility sya than the Yaris and its much newer.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Since you're a new driver, and you're choosing your first car, these are points you'd want to consider:

1. Cheap, reliable, efficient and safe. Most of those are reliable and safe, but some trade the price for other things such as practicality (Jazz), uniqueness (Peugeot), etc.

2. Ease of maintenance not just by casa but by independent shops too. This means, anybody can fix common niggling issues.

3. Ease of parts availability - the more specialized the car, the harder to find parts for. Need a part? Want to upgrade? Fender bender (wag naman sana)? Where to source parts?

4. Ergonomic - get one that's the most ergonomic. Meaning, you feel relaxed while driving, the controls are easily within reach, the instruments and switches are easily readable during the day or at night (The Yaris has the center mount instrument cluster right? Mahihirapan ka masanay sa ibang sasakyan kung masanay ka dito). That way you won't be as stressed out since you're still practically training yourself as well.

Tama si sir Lui. Get the i10. Good startup car, with the best industry warranty. Easy to maneuver, easy to park, economical.

Pero if you really like to spend a little more, I'm with Niky for the Suzuki Swift. Maybe the new Aveo hatch will also be a good choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need Advice:teen buying her first car