New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Need your advice mga bro: Presently im using a sedan, altis 2005 1.6E a/t, since my family is getting bigger, im looking for a second hand car, and im thinking of shifting to diesel fuel, 10pesos na kasi difference between gas & diesel, must be:
    1. diesel
    2. can carry 7 passenger including driver
    3. fuel efficient
    4. preferably A/T transmission

which car would you recommend? Presently, im choosing between:
    1. Isuzu crosswind
    2. toyota Innova
    3. ford everest
    4. mitsubishi adventure
    5. hyundai starex

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    In order of my suggestion bro; Crosswind XUV, Innova then Advie. Pero kung may budget ka for an everest, why not other 2nd hand SUV? Alterra is wuite frugal as well as a 2.5 MS. If you really want to lower your FC, better get a manual. Of course problem is if heavy traffic ka palagi AT na nga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Overall, I'd pick the Innova AT, followed by everything else. I've got a Crosswind AT, and it isn't as economical as the MT we also have. The Innova AT has just enough grunt to pull it through the gears, and the 2.5 D4D can just about match the 4JA1 in terms of economy. And the Innova is the most car-like to drive. Yes, it's still truck-ish, but it's more stable than these others.

The Crosswind will still have the cheapest running costs, though, followed by the Advie.

Of all your choices, the Starex will be the most comfortable. Not quite as economical, whether CRDi or regular diesel engine... might as well get the regular for simplicity's sake.

Old Everest is slow, noisy, hard-riding and guzzly (though not really much more so than the Starex), but definitely capable if you get a 4x4. 4x4 MT if you want an apocalypse car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For the biggest seating capacity, best comfort and performance, I suggest you get the Starex CRDi. Next for me would be the Innova D4D. The AUVs may be able to seat 8-10 people as well, but they do so very uncomfortably. Definitely a big no if you are going for a long trip.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir Niky, Ry_Tower, thank you advice nyo.

Thru this forum, Im confident to hear expert comments to make better decisions..hehe.. totoo nga!

Been really confused lately, kasi...sa range ng 500K to as high as 550K, ang dami ko ng choices.

So now, i'll concentrate my seach for Innova A/T D4D (E model ok na for me),
    then yung Crosswind (xuv A/T model if budget permits).
    Then Advie (im still open to this kahit m/t).

Thanks ulit!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For the biggest seating capacity, best comfort and performance, I suggest you get the Starex CRDi. Next for me would be the Innova D4D. The AUVs may be able to seat 8-10 people as well, but they do so very uncomfortably. Definitely a big no if you are going for a long trip.
    Thank you sir GTi for this advice, would you recommend, maintenance wise, crdi over non-crdi assuming that...say...for a 6 year old model?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ I don't think you'd be able to find an Innova E A/T for just 550k. But you will be able to find a Starex SVX CRDi or early 2004 GRX CRDi for that budget. Personally, I find this one to be more worth your money than the Innova, that is as long as the mileage is not too much. I'd prefer the CRDi mainly due to the immensely better performance and lesser emissions as compared to old school units, fuel efficiency is also much better on CRDi's as compared to old school as long they are both turbocharged and/or intercooled, though normally aspirated old school diesels may sometimes get better mileage, the power level is really low and if you push the engine a lot, its gonna consume much more fuel. Of course maintenance is gonna cost a bit more but Hyundai CRDi units are pretty reliable as they use Bosch injectors unlike the problematic Densos Toyota's D4D systems employ.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mukha nga hindi kasya ang Innova for 500k, unless benta palugi or kamag-anak. Pero if something fits your budget, then of course I'd go with the Innova VVTi ( sana, para maiwasan D4D woes ) else, I'd go with the bulletproof crosswind. Slow yet sturdy. Hindi ganun ka-fuel efficient as what most of us are expecting pero it's cheap to maintain and can run of dirty diesels ( tried & tested by Niky ... )

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Mag Avanza G A/T ka nalang, mukang pasok sa budget mo, easy to maintain, easy to drive, 7 seater, vvti gas engine thrifty enough.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Either Crosswind or Innova. Both are diesel and has A/T variants. The Innova would have an edge in engine technology and speed while the Crosswind in durability/reliability and easier to maintain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice: Second Hand AUV/SUV Diesel A/T * 500K budget