New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ano po mas maganda? '07 na starex, '07 na nissan urvan or '07 na hi ace. ano po mas maganda ride comfort at performance sa tatlo? need your advice guys.. tnx

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Starex. Do a test drive and see

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if i will choose all over again, Starex pa din. iba na ang may nguso

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Urvan nose is already designed with frontal impact in mind (hence the bulging nose) but of course it's not compared to the front engined Starex. In terms of power and comfort the Starex CRDi will definitely be the choice but if you're carrying more than 7/8 passengers then thats where the Urvan steps in unless you go Starex Jumbo. The Estate is also a good van nonetheless but it's pitted more against the Hiace as a people carrier.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flaco View Post
    ano po mas maganda? '07 na starex, '07 na nissan urvan or '07 na hi ace. ano po mas maganda ride comfort at performance sa tatlo? need your advice guys.. tnx
    based on your qualifications, i'd go with the starex. if you could, it would be even better for you to do a test drive. also, like what vinj said, how many people do you intend/usually carry. if it's just about 7, the Starex SWB is good. for more than 8, i think the Urvan will make a better head to head with the Starex LWB, although the Starex comes out cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    2 months ago, I was also looking at the starex jumbo and the grandia. I finally decided to buy the starex jumbo. If I have to do it again, I will still buy the starex jumbo. Its fast and very car like the way you drive it. Its my first time to drive a van, but I didnt have to adjust. Its also very luxurious inside. If you want maximum space, I think the Grandia, is the biggest, 11 seater with space for luggage and convenient access. Kaya lang parang bus na ang dinadrive mo. And the engine is under your seat. The starex can handle 12 but with 12 passengers, you no longer have space for luggage.
    The starex is also very fast. In NLEX we achieved speeds of 140kph easily with a lot of power to spare. I think it can achieve a top speed of 170kph. I have already brought it to Mt. Data (halshema highway going to Sagada) and have toured Ilocos Norte and Sur. When we went to Mt. Data, kasabay namin pajero 2.8L intercooler turbo with 5 passengers. It has a hard time catching up with the jumbo GRX starex with 9 passengers.
    The Nissan Urvan , Escapade is too underpowered if you intened to bring it to baguio and other mountainous areas. the Estate is expensive. The Grandia is also quite powerful. I have seen a Grandia climbed up to baguio quite fast, although its engine is only 105hp compared to 145hp of the starex. Of course the grandia has less standard features than the starex jumbo and is more expensive. I started a thread 2 months ago in this forum asking for inputs between the grandia and the starex. Maraming comments din doon.
    Another alternative is to buy the starex pro and do a shuttle van conversion. With dual aircon and 14 seater, you will spend only about P840K. Interior is more than ok. The engine though only comes out with 80hp, similar to the URVAN escapade. In fact I like the starex so much that I recommended to the office to buy a starex pro with shuttle van conversion. Contact Lui, in this forum. He sold me the starex. Masigasig siya and his service is okay.
    Last edited by monmendoza; May 4th, 2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: add some more

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Fantastic advice mon, very informative. How much did u get the jumbo? picture naman dyan so that we can have an idea of its space and seating configuration. thanks

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you have a family of seven or eight, okay na ang Starex GRX. More value for your money, too, compared to the Hiace.

The Hiace's suspension is pretty decent, but it's pretty bare, and the driver's seat feels like it's four feet from the ground. But that's one heck of an engine, kahit hindi turbo... (sarap i-harabas).

The Starex GRX has the best seats and seating comfort, best power, and softest ride. It can get a bit bouncy on wavy roads, but 99% of the time, it's not a problem.

Interior materials are better than the Hiace and Urvan, but build quality still isn't as good as some of the gasoline minivans (there's the odd squeak)... still, very very good value for money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you have a family of seven or eight, okay na ang Starex GRX. More value for your money, too, compared to the Hiace.

The Hiace's suspension is pretty decent, but it's pretty bare, and the driver's seat feels like it's four feet from the ground. But that's one heck of an engine, kahit hindi turbo... (sarap i-harabas).

The Starex GRX has the best seats and seating comfort, best power, and softest ride. It can get a bit bouncy on wavy roads, but 99% of the time, it's not a problem.

Interior materials are better than the Hiace and Urvan, but build quality still isn't as good as some of the gasoline minivans (there's the odd squeak)... still, very very good value for money.
    --ditto--!

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a very bad experience w/ STAREX, read the starex thread. If you're really interested getting the STAREX I suggest that you contact LUI, he's a member of tsikot. LUI help me w/ my problem w/ our STAREX even though he is not our agent. He seems to be a nice guy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
need advice po... what would you prefer 2007 STAREX CRDI or '07NISSAN URVAN