New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    hi to everyone car gurus and enthusiasts. need advice on getting a new car. well i dont know if i should put it here. mods sorry if this is the wrong thread. 3 months ago, we're planning on getting the ford ranger 2.2 m/t. though through a turn of events, we can't go on and get the ranger, financially. hehe. we're now considering getting on the new accent crdi, dilemma is to get matic or manual. any inputs would be appreciated, any cons and pros guys? we're highly considering automatic due to 4 discs brakes, mas maporma kasi and with the 16" alloys, not to mention may fog lamps na sya. though getting the manual would be okay as well, alloys could be installed as well as foglamps, yung 4 disc brakes lang d pwede gayahin, if pwede naman sigurado masyadong mahal, unlike factory installed and spec. guys any other inputs? feel free po to give any advice. tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    personally i'd get the manual. that powerful engine mated to a 6-speed manual tranny is definitely more fun to drive... unless you're stuck in traffic.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    It looks you are not interested between M/T and A/T but the wheels. Look for another car model with 4 disc brakes. Get an M/T and buy a good looking rim later. It should be cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    It looks you are not interested between M/T and A/T but the wheels. Look for another car model with 4 disc brakes. Get an M/T and buy a good looking rim later. It should be cheaper.
    not interested on the wheels sir. im more interested with 260nm of torque at around 1,900-2750 rpm hehe. thing is ok naman manual, but we're considering wha we could get pag nag matic kami, like the dual airbags for top of the line, ofcourse we need advice as to weigh the cons and pros of matic and manual accent, things like maintenance, problems that could occur, mga ganung bagay. main reason for this is the crdi engine, fuel efficiency po. what could be more fun than using less fuel diba? sa panahon ba naman ngayon na laging traffic hehe. thanks po sir for the input, will highly consider that one, as long as it can seat 5 and in the same price range

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why not have a talk with the casa? they might even be willing to "mix and match" the features you are interested in. for a fee, of course. we will never know unless we ask...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    pwede po ba yun sir? masubukan nga hehe. baka naman maka offer sila ng manual na naka 4 discs. thx sir sa advice.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spitshine View Post
    not interested on the wheels sir. im more interested with 260nm of torque at around 1,900-2750 rpm hehe. thing is ok naman manual, but we're considering wha we could get pag nag matic kami, like the dual airbags for top of the line, ofcourse we need advice as to weigh the cons and pros of matic and manual accent, things like maintenance, problems that could occur, mga ganung bagay. main reason for this is the crdi engine, fuel efficiency po. what could be more fun than using less fuel diba? sa panahon ba naman ngayon na laging traffic hehe. thanks po sir for the input, will highly consider that one, as long as it can seat 5 and in the same price range
    Any car may not satisfy all or most of what you want. List down priority features, and what do you really need.

First you want a pickup(Ranger) but due to budget constraints, you are now considering a sedan. But why do you need a pick-up truck? If you really need a pick-up why not consider a pre-owned. You can buy a good 3-year old pickup the price of a brand new sedan.

You are now considering a sedan but you still not sure what you want. So have to narrow it down.

1. If you want a matic, strike out the manual models
    2. If you want more torque, strike out all those low torque models
    3. If you want 4 disc brakes, strike out those 2disc brake models

If you can drive and all of your member(family) can, I think get the manual. Personally, I prefer M/T but since wifey can hardly drive M/T, even our pick-up truck is A/T. And she is always with the truck.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi to everyone car gurus and enthusiasts. need advice on getting a new car. well i dont know if i should put it here. mods sorry if this is the wrong thread. 3 months ago, we're planning on getting the ford ranger 2.2 m/t. though through a turn of events, we can't go on and get the ranger, financially. hehe. we're now considering getting on the new accent crdi, dilemma is to get matic or manual. any inputs would be appreciated, any cons and pros guys? we're highly considering automatic due to 4 discs brakes, mas maporma kasi and with the 16" alloys, not to mention may fog lamps na sya. though getting the manual would be okay as well, alloys could be installed as well as foglamps, yung 4 disc brakes lang d pwede gayahin, if pwede naman sigurado masyadong mahal, unlike factory installed and spec. guys any other inputs? feel free po to give any advice. tia
    reading through your query, i agree with everyone that you would just want to get the matic because of its disc brakes, mas maporma and the 16 inch wheels and the fog lamps.... almost all are cosmetics and aesthetics, except perhaps for the brakes.

siguro appropriate would be more of like:

getting a car based on the following qualifications:

a) safety
    b) looks
    c) fuel consumption
    d) features
    e) resale value
    f) price

i think it would be very hard to give an advice on this.... fine tune mo muna yung requirements mo.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir confused, yes everyone in my family knows how to drive, we're considering getting a 2nd hand pickup right now as well, but since we're in iloilo, hindi ganun kadami pagpipilian dito, most pick ups here costs 900 up. for now we're highly considering the accent m/t, we could go with it since here in iloilo price diff for manual and the matic is around 120k, money we save for going manual would be to get fogs and alloys. thanks for all the inputs. God bless all.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    sir confused, yes everyone in my family knows how to drive, we're considering getting a 2nd hand pickup right now as well, but since we're in iloilo, hindi ganun kadami pagpipilian dito, most pick ups here costs 900 up. for now we're highly considering the accent m/t, we could go with it since here in iloilo price diff for manual and the matic is around 120k, money we save for going manual would be to get fogs and alloys. thanks for all the inputs. God bless all.
    Nice decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast