New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hello! I need your opinion sana regarding our pick for our first car. To give a bit of background, we're a new couple and no kids yet. The wife is leaning towards the Wildtrak as she thinks it's the best choice since wala pa kaming bulilit and can be used for road trips and business. Ako naman, parang for the same price I think mas safe at future proof si Everest, with a 7 seater I think moving around with the parents and kids panalo pa rin sya. Plus I think unlikely na ung business requires ung cargo space ng truck.

What do you guys think? Sa mga naka experience ng ganitong dilemma pa share naman sana ung experience nyo. Thaaaanks!
    Last edited by xoids; May 27th, 2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xoids View Post
    Hello! I need your opinion sana regarding our pick for our first car. To give a bit of background, we're a new couple and no kids yet. The wife is leaning towards the Wildtrak as she thinks it's the best choice since wala pa kaming bulilit and can be used for road trips and business. Ako naman, parang for the same price I think mas safe at future proof si Everest, with a 7 seater I think moving around with the parents and kids panalo pa rin sya. Plus I think unlikely na ung business requires ung cargo space ng truck.

What do you guys think? Sa mga naka experience ng ganitong dilemma pa share naman sana ung experience nyo. Thaaaanks!
    What's your business sir? Baka kasya naman sa everest. At isa pa ang hirap magkarga sa bed, mananakaw, mababasa

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hayyy kasarap naman ng problema mo sir!
    I'll go for the Everest kasi for the same price halos you get an extra roof

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If it is purely for passenger, Everest ka na. Nothing beats the comfort of a SUV vs pickup.
    Things will change if you got a dog or if you need to repair your house. Buying cement, paint etc. Mas ok ang pickup. Mabaho kasi if you use your SUV para dekarga

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Best to get the Ford Everest. Pickups are longer, harder to park, more inconvenient to drive. You will also need to spend for a rear camper shell to cover the pickup bed if you intend to carry items.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matagtag ang ranger compared sa everest. Tell your wife her opinion will definitely change when she gets pregnant and riding on the pick up with a baby in her belly will definitely give her discomfort. And when the baby is born you would not want him/her in the back seat bouncing about. Wala kayo baby now, eh next year? Now if you intend to remain childless for the life of the vehicle e ok ibang usapan yun.

Get the everest, the trend model. Rides is much nicer than the titanium due to its 265/65r18 tires. In case you have triplets it has child seat friendly 2nd row seats.

Hauling? Hire a truck, cheaper may kasama pang kargador.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If you live in the city, I wouldnt get a Ranger since its too difficult to to maneuver unless youre both very good drivers. Actually an Everest is big too but it should be manageable. It will also be a hassle to go to the grocery since the rear is not waterproof even with a cover (none of them are guaranteed).

Id get a ranger if you actually need the bed at least once a week.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^
    +100 on the turning radius of the ranger. it takes 3 whole lanes plus the center island to make a U-turn, it only takes 2 lanes on the everest. and if you suck at parallel parking you will have a hard time parking it on the street.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Super awesome talaga ng tsikot! The wife is laughing but both of us agree sa mga napoint out nyo. Thank you, thank you mga ka tsikot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    First car? get the SUV over pick up, nice to have a more than 5 meter ride if you have a shorter one like sedan [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice: First car Ford Wildtrak 3.2 or Everest Titanium 2.2