New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Among all the Chinese brands the Geely is the most promising & the most value for your money. Geely owns Volvo & tech of Volvo filtered into Geely makes. As for MG, only the badge is British but everything else is Chinese. MG, when still British, used to make sports cars (just google it) & when it was bought by the Chinese, they went mainstream, developing sedans & SUVs but, that is not how MG really is. They also copy designs of other makes (the CX5, for example).
    Thank you. As per my owners so far so good pa naman daw units nila. Geeky as per check is using a turbo engine. Well since ako mag babayad Ng maintenance. Nakakatakot na in the long run baka nasira sya.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    oh.. really? kaya pala sila parehas palpak sa after sales service.. hehe
    Care to share your experiences po?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportyboy27 View Post
    I'm not a power hungry driver bonus na lang yun for me. Enough na siguro na mabilis akong tumakbo. Haha. Kidding aside check the review on YouTube saw positive feedback. Do you have plans on upgrading to coolray?
    If I have to buy a car now at that price range, I’d seriously consider the Coolray. However, no car purchase for me at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    TCCCI or The Covenant Car Company? Bakit ka duda?
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    di ba sila nag carry ng chevrolet.. maybe that is why....
    Yes, exactly

Ah, but did you know the owners of HARI & TCCCI are one & the same?
    Sure ka ba dito?

Another reason na naiilang ako sa TCCCI... May website ba sila? Kanina pa ako hanap ng hanap, wala akong makita

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank you. As per my owners so far so good pa naman daw units nila. Geeky as per check is using a turbo engine. Well since ako mag babayad Ng maintenance. Nakakatakot na in the long run baka nasira sya.

Well, halos lahat ng modern diesel-fed vehicles have turbochargers. Never naman naging concern yun as long as you follow proper maintenance guidelines.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

I have the same concern with "Turbo Engines"

My wife is due for a new car and as much as I want to get the Territory for her, naiilang ako sa Turbo. It's another part of the engine ka kailangan gawin in the future.

Hence, highly considering the BR-V kaso I feel its a bit dated compared to the available cars today.

As Egan101 mentioned, madami nang turbo engines locally and I don't think my wife's car will reach 100K kms, so I can (personally) take the risk

Madami kang makikitang Hyundai/Chevrolet horror stories, nasa iyo na lang yun if you wish to believe them or if will affect your purchase.

Kahit naman Toyota dealership, may horror stories din.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Well, halos lahat ng modern diesel-fed vehicles have turbochargers. Never naman naging concern yun as long as you follow proper maintenance guidelines.

Most na naka turbo is Japanese brand diesel engine. Since this is a China made car sympre medyo mapapaisip ka din. But yeah I'll check this one na din siguro.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

My wife is due for a new car and as much as I want to get the Territory for her, naiilang ako sa Turbo. It's another part of the engine ka kailangan gawin in the future.

Hence, highly considering the BR-V kaso I feel its a bit dated compared to the available cars today.

As Egan101 mentioned, madami nang turbo engines locally and I don't think my wife's car will reach 100K kms, so I can (personally) take the risk

Ayun nga kasi Chinese made na Turbo so medyo may alinlangan ako iconseider sya.

Madami kang makikitang Hyundai/Chevrolet horror stories, nasa iyo na lang yun if you wish to believe them or if will affect your purchase.

Kahit naman Toyota dealership, may horror stories din.
    I have two friends na naka chevy so far no problem naman.

About Hyundai yung kapitbahay namin na Korean is using Mazda instead of Hyundai na galing sa kanila. hahaha. Wala kaming problem sa dealers sa motech lang kami nag papa pms. hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most na naka turbo is Japanese brand diesel engine. Since this is a China made car sympre medyo mapapaisip ka din. But yeah I'll check this one na din siguro.
    Well, almost everything is made in China now. As mentioned, Geely used Volvo know-how in making their cars. Ford and Volkswagen also have some of their models manufactured in China.

Honda’s 1.6L turbo diesel engine (CRV) is made in India but nobody made a big fuzz it ain’t made in Japan. Our Volkswagen Jetta is made in Mexico but it’s still at par with the other Volkswagen made in Germany.

True that a turbocharger requires additional care over a non-turbo engine but it’s our responsibility as owners to take care of them thru proper maintenance. Kung balasubas ka sa maintenance, kahit anong kotse pa yan sigurado masisira yan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^

Yes plan to keep the car long as in baka hindi ibenta ganun kasi kami gumamit sa bahay stay till old.
    TS plans to keep the car as long as possible.

so I'm thinking 15-20 years from now

Safest bet will be to get the Vios... Even if masira yung CVT nya years later, you can easily buy a surplus CVT sa Banawe (or even convert it to Manual)

Even the head unit Toyota provides is so simple, you can DIY the replacement in the future.

As for the dealership horror stories, I posted here earlier (separate topic) on how our company waited for 6 months just to have a replacement hood for a Chevrolet vehicle (may dimple out of the dealership).

I also know people who are very happy with their Hyundais and Chevrolets. Pero those cars were not bought with my money.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Ok naman mga turbo. Just make sure the proper oil is put in and its changed on time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast