New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So im planning to buy a car under 200k. I cant decide with either a galant or a lancer around years of 1997+.. Ive been lookin around these forums but still havent made my concrete decision. Whats more durable between the two? Roads here in pinas are not the smoothest but i just want a car that would last around 2-3 years. These cars looks pretty good stock form and i dont think it wouldnt be hard to dress them up. Pros anc cons between the 2? Just need some friendly advice.. TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Biguhaw View Post
    So im planning to buy a car under 200k. I cant decide with either a galant or a lancer around years of 1997+.. Ive been lookin around these forums but still havent made my concrete decision. Whats more durable between the two? Roads here in pinas are not the smoothest but i just want a car that would last around 2-3 years. These cars looks pretty good stock form and i dont think it wouldnt be hard to dress them up. Pros anc cons between the 2? Just need some friendly advice.. TIA
    Previously owned a 97 lancer, ride, power and aircon are good but underchassis breaks down easily. For me, with 200k you can get a fully loaded civic hatchback

95-97 corolla "bigbody" GLI limited editions like TRD(w/ factory kits) or 98 corolla "lovelife" XE-limited(1.3L all power) or some 1.6Gli na nagpprice na ganito..

pag lancer, consider a more newer 1999 MX model na may invecs2-sportsmode.

galant..well, if you can afford the yearly registration and the gas consumpsion.. well, this is a better car than the 2.

a sentra series 3 (super touring or GTS versions) will also fit in your budget.

honda..maganda,pero maintenance wise, corolla is cheaper...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galant ako. hehehehe.
    tama si always_yummy, an option will also be the Sentra SS3.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hi there. if u dont mind the fuel consumption hands down go for the galant... though still problem with the galant is overheat and front suspension. dumadapa. i know this coz i used to work for suzuki auto makati under diamond motors (im now a car broker for all brands and models brandnew and used) and yan ang problemA ng mga service technicians namin from mitsubishi. pero no problem naman whether the lancer or the galant will last 2-3 yrs from now u just have to consider whom ull buy it from. to be able to know the maintenance history of the mitsubishi car that ull buy, as much as possible try to get a unit where the owner says he keeps his maintenance check ups from diamond motors then ill get u a printed history report of the car that ure interested in. that way youll know if the seller is telling the truth about his/her car. i might even be able to give you a good deal on either models. ill talk to my former boss if theres an available galant or lancer that our executives from diamond motors used to personally drive.FOR SURE CASA MAINTAINED YUN txt me lang pare. 0923-979-8596

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Biguhaw View Post
    hello baka gusto mo nissan sentra gts 00mdl black color txt me or call 09228169838

Need advice 200k budget