New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm buying a used car for my daughter and she want 03-04 Model Honda Civic, I read somewhere here in Forum there's some sort of problem with the fuel line or gas tank. Is this true or I mis read it wrong and if there's a problem what is it?. Thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the issue was the gas tank FALLS off the car and may cause accidents.

Anyway, Honda issued a recall for this to repair it free of charge. Check if the unit you are getting has already been fixed.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose243 View Post
    I'm buying a used car for my daughter and she want 03-04 Model Honda Civic, I read somewhere here in Forum there's some sort of problem with the fuel line or gas tank. Is this true or I mis read it wrong and if there's a problem what is it?. Thanks in advance...
    why not get her a new car instead... wala pa sakit ng ulo...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    get a pre-purchase inspection

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    agree, if you have the budget just get her a brand new car ... less hassle for both you and your daughter

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds like they have budget issues and the daughter really prefers that specific civic model !

just like buying any other 2nd hand vehicle... inspect every detail.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's a recall bulletin on the fuel tank where a part/bracket needs to be changed. You can have the CASA check this and if it hasnt been done, it will be replaced under the recall bulletin.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i think, correct me if i'm wrong eh kaunting difference lang iyun price ng 2004 civic na 2nd hand at brand new civic...

aside sa bago ang itsura eh sigurado ka na walang sakit na ulo iyun kotse...

kung hindi talaga abot sa budget eh pwede ipa finance mo, downpayment ka ng 50% and 1 yr to pay para hindi mabigat sa interest... at least brand new sasakyan mo... trust me sarap ng amoy ng bagong sasakyan, compared to 2nd hand na kotse na pag minalas eh amoy ebs at sigarilyo...

pwede rin instead na civic na 2nd hand why not opt for a brand new city...

or better tiis nalang muna hanggan makapag ipon ng pambili ng bago...

iyun lang naman...

(ebs= for lack of a better word eh it means ebak) baka iban ako pag sinabi ko ****... opps... sorry

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Buying used cars can be fun [and cheap to boot!]. Buying a car at the dealer is quite boring [and financially draining].

A few months ago, we went out to look at a Feroza somewhere in Rizal. The great thing was, no one among the four of us was familiar with the area and we were going there in the evening (after office hours).

So with a map, we tried to locate the residence of the seller. Sobrang dilim sa village nila. Pagdating namin sa tulay, BRIDGE OUT PALA! Anak ng tipaklong, pwede pala kaming mahulog sa ilog. hehehe.

Kung san sang gubat na ko sumuot when checking out units. Lalo na yung for sale by owners kasi kapag ahente minsan willing dalhin yung car to meet you. Ok naman, magandang learning experience.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose243 View Post
    I'm buying a used car for my daughter and she wants an 03-04 Model Honda Civic, I read somewhere here in the forum that there's some sort of problem with the fuel line or gas tank. Is this true or did I misread it? And if there's a problem, what is it?. Thanks in advance...
    If you love your daughter, don't buy such a car! Get an Altis instead. Trust me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice 03-04 Honda Civic