New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hi gurus of tsikot.yehey.com!

this thread supersedes the previous thread i made about 3 months ago with regards to my comparison between MS vs. Sta. Fe. However, the considerations are still the same.

so basically, the budget is now Php1M at max and among the needs for this purchase is ample room to place my lolo's wheelchair. medyo maselan ang matanda at 85 years old na siya. the drivers are my mom who's turning 63 years old at ako na turning 27 years old. by the way, pera ni lolo ang ipambibili at since sinabi ko nga na maselan ang lolo ko, isang kalampag lang ng sasakyan, malamang na ako ang unang mamura.

since medyo na-budget cut din, (sana nga Toyota Hi-ace Super Grandia vs. Hyundai Grand Starex ang gusto ko personally,) naging Toyota Innova E VVT-i A/T vs. Nissan Grand Livina A/T vs. Mitsubishi Fuzion GLX A/T.

kung may suggestions pa kayo na ibang models na under Php1M at malaki ang likod for the wheelchair, they are most welcome. if ever we are stuck with these 3 cars as choices, which would be the best pick?

maraming salamat at mabuhay!

p.s.

most probably, diesel engine cars are out of the question because lolo is used with maintaining petrol-powered cars since he lived in California for a long time and we all know that almost all cars in the US are petrol-powered kaya hindi sanay si lolo magmaintain ng diesel. as i've said earlier, maselan siya so baka mahirapan siyang mag-adjust sa diesel so kahit hindi na siya ang magmamaneho, siya pa rin ang magmamay-ari.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wanted to suggest the Innova 2.0G VVT-i A/T if budget can be stretched to 1.1M, para mas ganahan lolo mo sa interior... kung hindi aabot sa 1M with the discounts na ibibigay sa inyo ng mga dealers, you can stick to the 2.0E variant...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Of the 3, I'd go with the Innova E.

But like agent_ysann said, if you could stretch the budget a bit to accommodate the G variant, better. Personally I like how the J interior is low maintenance, but then some people would rather a beige interior, and can do the maintenance for it, so G na.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    i wanted to suggest the Innova 2.0G VVT-i A/T if budget can be stretched to 1.1M, para mas ganahan lolo mo sa interior... kung hindi aabot sa 1M with the discounts na ibibigay sa inyo ng mga dealers, you can stick to the 2.0E variant...
    thanks for the quick reply sir ysann.

my SA in Toyota is my college bud. when i asked him for a quotation for an Innova E VVT-i, a/t, he gave me 991,+++K petot (w/ 1 year compre insurance and 3 years lto included) and 1,043,+++ petot (w/ 1 year compre insurance and 3 years lto) for an Innova E D4D a/t. i'm really crossing my fingers na sana ma-stretch pa yung budget ni lolo kasi comfort niya rin naman ang habol naming lahat (knowing how "reklamador" lolo is...)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Of the 3, I'd go with the Innova E.

But like agent_ysann said, if you could stretch the budget a bit to accommodate the G variant, better. Personally I like how the J interior is low maintenance, but then some people would rather a beige interior, and can do the maintenance for it, so G na.
    Sir IMm,

I'm really crossing my fingers that lolo's resources could be extended a little bit para Innova G na ang bilhin niya. anyway, taga-canvass lang at chauffeur niya ang role ko sa purchase na ito. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahaha! I know the feeling guigui. I play the research and canvass role for my lolo. Thankfully he's not as maselan, but still, you want him to get the most for his money.

The reason my Dad stayed away from an E before, is because it felt pretty bare compared to a G, and maybe was not as spec'd up from a J. His first choice, btw, was an E diesel.

With all the bad press (and experiences) with the D-4D, he decided to look at the gas models and went for the G. He liked it, enough, to get a J. He likes the J more coz it's a manual and you can maximize the power better, compared to the G's power robbing auto tranny, plus it's a blank canvass which he likes to dress up.

Get a test drive from your buddy and see if the E suits you, or if you still wanna push for the G.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here is one suggestion that is out-of-the-box.

Kia SOUL 1.6L AT

The entry is might be easier for older people because the seats are not too low (sedans) nor too high (regular SUVs/AUV). This crossover SUV/sedan might be the perfect choice if you have to transport a maximum of four (including driver) people around, although it seats five just as well.

The interior of the 1.6L A/T variant is less "funky" with black colored interiors instead of the body colored interiors found in the 2.0L versions. The ceiling is high which adds to the feeling of space inside this stylish crossover.

The rear cargo area is (I think) just big enough to fit your lolo's wheelchair folded up.

Although with a smaller engine, the 1.6L is definitely not lacking in performance. Rated at 124hp, the SOUL 1.6L A/T will rocket 0-100kph in 12.2 seconds which is about par with most SUVs with bigger 2.0L engines.

With a SRP of only PHP 875,000.00, it is under your maximum budget.

External:

INTERIOR Cargo:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Here is one suggestion that is out-of-the-box.

Kia SOUL 1.6L AT

The entry is might be easier for older people because the seats are not too low (sedans) nor too high (regular SUVs/AUV). This crossover SUV/sedan might be the perfect choice if you have to transport a maximum of four (including driver) people around, although it seats five just as well.

The interior of the 1.6L A/T variant is less "funky" with black colored interiors instead of the body colored interiors found in the 2.0L versions. The ceiling is high which adds to the feeling of space inside this stylish crossover.

The rear cargo area is (I think) just big enough to fit your lolo's wheelchair folded up.

Although with a smaller engine, the 1.6L is definitely not lacking in performance. Rated at 124hp, the SOUL 1.6L A/T will rocket 0-100kph in 12.2 seconds which is about par with most SUVs with bigger 2.0L engines.

With a SRP of only PHP 875,000.00, it is under your maximum budget.

External:

INTERIOR Cargo:
    sir gh,

1st of all, kinabahan po ako nung nakita ko po ang post niyo (before opening it) kasi akala ko po may marereprimand. :D

anyway, as i talked to my mom about kia soul, she's kind of "closed-minded" about it when i said "kotse" because lolo's built is buff at his age. he's also 5'10" (i think) kaya baka po mauntog siya. mom said: "ang kailangan ng lolo mo ay van o malaking sasakyan like the innova because of his built." as for me, i'm open with kia soul pero ayaw ngang tignan ni mama itong photo na ito. hay naku talaga ang mom ko...

one more concern is maintainance. i've also read in other threads here in tsikot.yehey.com that Kia Philippines' casa network is not as wide as other car manufacturers. since we live in cavite, would you know if there are service center/s of kia near our place?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Amongst the choices, I'd go with the Grand Livina simply because it has the lowest ride height and possibly the best ride. My own grandparents (in their 80's) have a hard time getting in and out of a high vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, that's why it's called "out of the box" coz not many will probably consider it (like your mom). Ganun din naman ang mom ko, happy with her 'indestructible' Toyota Altis, kaya Toyota lang ang option sa kanya.

Hmmm... have you tried asking around about the older body (gen 1) Tucson? I hear there are some casas with some new units still available/unsold due to the new model coming in already.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
nagbago ang listahan. (Innova/GrandLivina/Fusion)